- I can't believe it's already Friday, this week seemed to fly by...of course the beginning of the week seemed to be dragging on so I guess things always have a way of balancing out.
- I didn't wake up early to watch the Royal Wedding, but I was definitely running behind as I got ready for work. I thought Princess Catherine's (aka Kate's) dress was stunning. She will make the perfect princess and one day queen.
- My heart is breaking for all of those people in Alabama. Living in Southwest Missouri we have experienced our fair share of devastating tornadoes. Tornadoes show absolutely no mercy as they rip through homes and uproot the lives that at one time were so stable.
- Hubby is manning our garage tomorrow for the Neighborhood Garage Sale. We've got tons of stuff to get rid of and I have to work so he volunteered to supervise! I'm definitely hopeful for a good day!
- The sun is shining today & it feels so good! The rains & cold temps have been here far too long so I'm looking forward to a sunny day!
- In addition to the garage sale, tomorrow I've got a bridal shower for a coworker's daughter, and Hubby & I have plans to head to our favorite greenhouse to pick up a ton of flowers. I have about 8 planters that are just dying to have some brightly colored flowers filling them to the brim!
Friday, April 29, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
So...since we were headed up anyway, we drove our gas guzzling Yukon up, left it there, and drove away with a 2008 Cadillac CTS! I'm so happy for him! Yes, we now have a new car payment...but we've been paying ourselves anyway and the gas savings will actually result in us saving even more money than we were before!
After we drove off in our new car, we headed for some quick shopping and to head to the hotel to get ready for the game. I had been paying attention to the weather radar on my phone, but I had no idea what we were about to get ourselves into. God was definitely watching out for us, in so many ways! We opted to park in a parking garage to protect our brand new car (which we never do), we had purchased seats in a different area that actually included a fully enclosed area, and thankfully God kept the tornadoes away from the downtown area.
This is what appeared on the screens, and stayed there for probably 45 min to an hour. Definitely not a comforting site!However, it was definitely an interesting experience to arrive and after only 6 pitches, be put into a 2 hr 10 min rain delay that included an extensive tornado warning. Somehow the grounds crew got the field ready and we stayed for most of the game...leaving at the top of the 7th when it was already 11:30pm. I was exhausted!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Friday was dinner & a movie at home. Saturday was work in the morning for me, followed by a whole lot of nothingness during the afternoon. Finally around 3:00, we both got motivated to actually do something productive. I certainly was enjoying, my body gradually becoming one with the recliner but after 3 hours of Yard Crashers on the DIY network, it was time to get up and do something. Hubby headed to the yard to mow, & I headed to Walmart for some groceries.
After we finished up our productivity, we went out on a true date! Dinner, movie, popcorn, the works! We went to Zio's for dinner, I just love that place! and then headed to watch The Lincoln Lawyer. I definitely recommend this movie! We both really enjoyed it.
Sunday was church, lunch, more yardwork, and then small group. We were in charge of dinner this week so I whipped up an easy recipe for chicken & noodles, grabbed a loaf of bread, and topped everything off with brownies. Yum! The chicken & noodles is super easy, but much better if made the day before and then warmed up to serve. I just enjoy it so much better when the flavors all have plenty of time to combine.
Hope you all enjoy the week and truly remember the sacrifice that God made for us so long ago! I am so grateful for the hope we have because HE IS RISEN!!!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
*We had quite a bit of excitement on Tuesday night. We went to my parents' house for burgers & fries and then took Bogey up to my grandparents' pond for some practice jumping off the ramp. Little did we know that my dear husband also needed some practice. The last jump of the evening resulted in him going off in the pond along with Bogey! Guess we should probably get some anti-slip material to put on the wood! Oh geez it was hilarious...I so wish I had it on video. Just FYI, Hubby is fine, but has 2 massive bruises to show for his gracefulness!
*I also managed to capture this gorgeous sunset...God you are simply amazing! *Our weekend should be pretty casual which I'm definitely looking forward to since our weekends only seem to get crazier as we head into Easter & the entire month of May! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday...I'm ready for a break!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Friday evening was casual with a quick dinner out at Qdoba, a nice walk for Bogey, and then a movie on the couch. We watched "The Switch," a nice feel good movie which was perfect because it required absolutely NO thinking! Ha!
Hubby got a phone call for a round of golf on Saturday so I sent him on his way & spent the morning doing my own thing. For the past few years, I've managed to create quite a random group of large planters. Thuis year I decided to spray paint several of them so they would all be similar in color. I grabbed a couple cans of spray paint at Lowe's and went to work. I was definitely quite pleased with how they turned out.
They're not identical but at least they're all close to the same color now!
Saturday evening we attended the wedding for one of my really, really good friends. Melanie looked absolutely gorgeous and she & her new husband are ridiculously in love! The wedding was held at an old, restored movie theater and it was a great venue.
The incredibly happy couple!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- I've been in a bit of a blogging slump for the past several weeks...not sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure it has A LOT to do with the fact that work has been crazy & the last thing I want to do when I come home is sit on a computer! However, I keep pushing through because I love the idea of having these memories!
- I'm currently still at home while I listen to a plumber work on one of our outdoor faucets, guess we should have taken off that small hose over the winter to prevent the plumbing from cracking on the inside! Oh well, there's always lessons to learn with homeownership.
- The highs are supposed to be in the low to mid 70s today...you better believe I broke out a dress, legging, and sandals for work!
- Hubby is in the process of looking for a new car. His 2000 Yukon just isn't cutting it in the gas mileage department. We've got a dealer looking for a certified used, I'm hoping he finds one much sooner than later. This 14 miles to the gallon with $3.49 gas is for the birds!
- I went and spray-tanned for the first time ever last night. And I have to say I'm quite pleased. I was hoping to avoid the ghosty look at my friends' wedding this weekend without looking too fake and I think I've accomplished that! My plan is to go a few more times between now and our trip to Maui!
- Speaking of Maui....can vacation come any sooner!?!? We are both so in need of a break!
Monday, April 4, 2011
When Hubby got home from work, we loaded up Bogey and headed back down for a fabulous dinner of grilled tri-tip, baked potatoes, spinach salad, green beans, & butterscotch or chocolate cream pie....I was definitely ready for bed after that meal!
Bogey got some extra time to run & play, which I'm sure he enjoyed after such a cold winter. Over the winter, my dad made arrangements to increase the size of the dock and install a ramp on the existing dock at the pond on my grandparent's land. My brother took some video while Hubby & my dad worked on creating our own "Dock Dog." He doesn't quite have the leaping down, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Saturday was absolutely gorgeous! And I'm so glad...we hadn't mowed yet this year & our backyard was like a jungle! I started the mowing while Hubby ran the weedeater & edger...the grass was so thick in the backyard that a few times the mower just shut off...yeah, it was ridiculous!
After spending some time outside we got ready for a fun evening with our small group. One of the guys in our small group has some serious perks! He was able to get us a full suite for the Winter Jam 2011 concert. We had an entire suite for our small group and one other group. It was incredible! I'm really not a huge concert fan, but if I could have a suite everytime I think I might learn to enjoy it!
Yesterday was another gorgeous day, but incredibly windy! We didn't spend much time outside but ran some much-needed errands! After church, nursery duty, & lunch with our pastor & his wife, Hubby & I both came home with a new pair of shoes.