Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

It's Father's Day.  A day set aside to honor those precious father's or father figures that fill our lives.  Similar to mother's day, I'm filled with overwhelming gratitude for the father's who fill my life.
 
Of course I have my own father, who I have the pleasure of working with 3 days a week and who has supported me in anything I ever wanted to do. He provided an incredible example of the kind of man I should look for in a husband, and I think I did a pretty good job of finding one pretty similar!  I'm so thankful that we live so nearby that I can continue to have such a close relationship with my daddy! 

And then we also have the pleasure of living super close to Pappy aka Nick's daddy.  I love watching him play with Elyse & I am so thankful that Nick has such an incredible father to look up to and also to ask advice of when he needs guidance.  This relationship has certainly only been strengthened since they moved back to Missouri from Michigan last summer!  Plus, now they both get in plenty of golf rounds with each other! 
 
In addition to my own father & father-in-law, I'm also surrounded by two wonderful grandfathers who still are able to pour incredible wisdom and love into our family.  I'm so incredibly thankful for them and the fact that we are able to experience relationships with them on a regular basis! 
 
And what would a Father's Day post be without a tribute to the best father I know...Elyse's daddy.  I honestly have a twinge of jealousy at the incredible relationship this little girl has with her daddy.   They love each other so unconditionally and watching them play together makes this momma's heart almost burst from joy! 

 
Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there...your kids love you oh so very much! 

1 comment:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

SO nice to have everyone close. happy father's day to them all!