Friday, June 27, 2014

Insta-Friday

Time for a little iPhone dump from our week...
 
1.  Baby "Charlie" and I made it to Zumba on Monday night.  I always feel so much better when I go, and I sleep so much more soundly.  The summer is a horrible time to get into a routine, but I'm hoping to at least make it once a week, if not twice in the future!
 
2.  My mom has made homemade black raspberry jelly for as long as I can remember.  My dad picks the wild berries, and she prepares the juice for jelly.  She doesn't can a whole lot anymore, but I never grew up buying the jarred stuff from the store.  We have homemade black raspberry jelly and a full stock of strawberry freezer jam year round.  Well...I think this was Elyse's first year to fully enjoy the jelly...or I don't know, do you think she enjoyed it?!?  Papa needs to pick more berries! 
 
3.  Our gender reveal party isn't until July 9th, but I have a friend who's an ultrasound tech just like 10 minutes from our office.  She mentioned that she would scan us anytime we would like.  I originally said no, but since our actual anatomy scan is scheduled for the same day as the party we decided to take her up on the offer just in case Baby Charlie decides not to cooperate the day of.  We had a great scan, and my friend is 100% positive on the gender.  Needless to say, she's loving having the knowledge when no one else does...a screen shot of a text from the ultrasound tech to our very good mutual friend!  ha!
 
4.  I will try and do a full post on this later, but Elyse & I had a potty training bootcamp starting on Wednesday.  Things are going fairly well, still plenty of accidents but we're getting there.  We're on day 3 of a 3 Day Potty Training method so I've still got my fingers crossed.  Frozen Potty Chart, Princess Potty, M & M's, and plenty of Minnie Mouse panties...all a recipe for hopeful success!

5.  And just a little Flashback Friday or Throwback Thursday...how is this little chunk now 2 1/2?  This was taken for Elyse's 6 month photo shoot...at probably her chubbiest weight ever.  Same blue eyes and same ornery grin...man, I love this kid!
 Happy Weekend Everyone!

2 comments:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Oh!!! How can you stand the wait?! You must be bursting with anticipation! :)
Baby Elyse is SOO adorable!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

That grin, she has the most contagious grin. Well done little Elyse for the potty training adventure.