Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Our 2nd Christmas Blessing

So here we are, 14 weeks and 4 days pregnant, with our second Christmas season baby.  Obviously any sane woman would most likely not choose December as the ideal month for having a baby, let alone a second one.  Thank you all for your congratulations!  They certainly are appreciated, and we are definitely excited to add another ornery kiddo to our family!

However, it's been a journey.  Maybe one day I'll share it here, but most likely not.  Let's just say that this time around it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies with trying to get pregnant.  But...as I've learned time and time again, and as God has tried to remind me time and time again, HIS timing is perfect.  Not mine.  And not Hubby's.  And not anyone else's.  His. 

And so...just like deja vu all over again, we're having another December baby.

In true second baby fashion, I didn't have any grand plans for telling anyone...except for the BIG SIS shirt that had been waiting in the closet for its time. Not even Hubby. 
So, when I woke up early on April 1, 2014 and took a test that quickly read "pregnant"...I went back in the bedroom to find Hubby still sleeping in bed.  He wasn't feeling well at all and I was hoping I had the perfect way to cheer him up.  I hopped back in bed and promptly said..."Well, I was right."  He assumed I was talking about something to do with him being sick, but then I said "No, we're gonna have a December baby."  See, all along I just had this feeling that God was going to be laughing the entire time as he gave this couple, who are self-admitted over planners, not just one December-born baby but a second one, almost exactly 3 years later.

And so...10 weeks ago, we began the prenatal journey once again. We told our parents on Friday, April 11 as they all gathered at what was going to be our new house to see the new hardwood floors.  Thankfully they all arrived before we did, and we had Elyse walk in proudly wearing her Big Sis shirt!   In fact, you might remember this photo from a few posts back...but a certain few words were blurred out! 

We were completely un-creative this time around, and we told my brother & my SIL at dinner the next night just showing them a picture of Elyse in her shirt.  We told Hubby's sister & family at a pre-Easter celebration on the Saturday before Easter Sunday with Elyse wearing her Big Sis shirt.  And we told my entire family at Easter by dressing her in the shirt yet again...but no photos were taken because we ended up waking her from her nap and she was NOT happy! 

Hey, that shirt wasn't the cheapest thing I've ever ordered on Etsy so I was going to get my money's worth! ha! However, it was absolutely perfect, and I would highly recommend Aidille on Etsy for any fun embroidered clothing!

We revealed to most everyone else just by blurting it out one way or another...and it was quite a treat to see all of their reactions as we celebrated another Christmas Blessing!

I started weekly/bump updates with Elyse at 15 weeks, and while they might not be as detailed as they were with her...I'm hoping to start that back up again next week.  I LOVE having all the pregnancy posts to look back on (and heck, this is really the only baby book we have!) ...so I'm definitely gonna try and keep up some sort on ongoing progress! 

And on a bit more serious note, I know that so many of you are probably struggling with getting pregnant the first time, or the second time, or whatever time you're on.  And for you, my heart breaks.  I know that it doesn't make it any easier, but over the course of my life God has revealed in SO many ways that HIS timing is perfect.  While we may not understand it at the time (or really ever), God is certainly able to do more than we could EVER ask or imagine.  (Eph 3:20) And through all the waiting he will renew our strength and we will eventually soar...in ways that we never could have dreamed. (Isaiah 40:31)

7 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

You're the second person this week {& only two to date} that said you struggled to get pregnant the second time {and maybe you did the first time too & I just didn't know}. :( Ironically she reminds me a lot of you :) Either way I'm extremely happy to hear your news and can't wait to follow along on your journey! Congratulations to your whole family! :)

Breanna said...

Congratulations to you and your family! :) Our first baby was born December 7, 2012 - and we got our first positive test on April 1, 2012! Kind of crazy! :)

We struggled with IF for two years before becoming pregnant. Your words at the end are so sweet and touching. God bless! :)

Nikki said...

I am due with our first just a few days before you. Like you our journey to parenthood was longer than expected but we could not be more excited. Congrats, hope you are feeling well!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

So happy for you all and it is definitely true that God knows what is best. As much as you have prayed for a baby (for however long) when this baby arrives you will know with every ounce in your heart that this is the baby you were meant to have!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Ahhh CONGRATULATIONS!! Such an exciting time!! Your prayer for others is so right on...God's timing is everything!!

Chrissy + Nate said...

Congratulations!!! I'm a December baby (Dec. 26th, can you believe it?!) and ironically enough, so is my husband (Dec. 22nd: it's a busy holiday week for us)! I wish you all the best with your precious Christmas babies :) We are in a season of trying to conceive our first child... we are going on year two of trying with no results. We are trusting in Him that He will give us the desires of our hearts in His time, but like you said... it is so TOUGH! Especially when everyoneee has an opinion: "So when are you two going to get pregnant?" (like we get to decide). Thank you for your encouraging words :) Can't wait to see the pregnancy process!

Ginger said...

i'm seriously behind on my blogger friends Congratulations Mama!