Monday, April 14, 2014

A Weekend to Stop & Smell the Flowers!

It was an absolutely beautiful weekend and it makes me long for continued Spring temperatures, and not this crazy weather that fluctuates from 80 degrees one day to 35 degrees the next. 
 
Last week the carpet was ripped up in the family room of our new house, and replaced with hardwoods (per our request in the housing contract) so we scheduled a showing with our realtor to see the house again.  They had just finished the floors on Thursday so there was still a little cleanup to be completed and there was dust everywhere...but it made me so excited to move into our new place in about a month!   My parents & our in-laws also met us at the house to see the updates and then we had a fancy, schmancy dinner at Wendy's!  ha!  We ended the evening outside with our neighbors...Elyse LOVES our neighbor kids.  We'll certainly miss the fabulous people who live next to us when we're gone!
I can picture LOTS of fun times on our back patio! 
Saturday morning Hubby had to work so Elyse & I spent the morning at home doing laundry, packing a few boxes, and finally heading outside to enjoy the sunshine.  My tulips are BEAUTIFUL or were.  Thanks to the wind, rain, and cold temperatures I don't think they're going to last much longer.  However, I took advantage of the sunshine and snapped a few pics of the flowers & my beautiful girl! 

I can't wait to plant more tulips at our new place!
Momma...I really want to pick these flowers!
 
Momma, I smell the flowers! 

Think she was close enough?!?
 


 
Saturday afternoon Elyse took a nap & then we headed out to do a little furniture shopping & to pick up a piece I had already purchased for the new house.  We met up with my brother, SIL, & their little girl Harper...who Elyse absolutely adores.  After a quick pizza dinner, we headed to a nearby park so Elyse could play in the beautiful weather.  They had some great slides & climbing areas for kids her age, and she HAD A BLAST!!!  The sun was setting which made it difficult to grab very many good pictures, but I did snap this one as she came down the tube slide! 
Oh how I love Spring & Summer weekends when we can just hang out outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  It's those times when I'm reminded to not take any moment for granted and to enjoy the simple, relaxing moments that will be gone in the blink of an eye.  Elyse might want to pick my flowers, or she might literally want to smell them...but I truly need to take a breath, relax, and recognize how truly blessed I am in this world. 

5 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Furniture shopping? Sounds like my kinda weekend..we had gorgeous weather here also. I need a repeat! :)

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Such a lovely family portrait. And Elyse taking the time to smell the flowers is just pure joy. I'm so excited for you and your family on the new house. Can't wait to see it :).

Sara McCarty said...

Love all the flower photos! She is just too cute! Mac has picked all our daffodils and tears them in to pieces and scatters them around the house. Boo!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

awww..the pictures of Elyse smelling the flowers are just too precious! i love easygoing family weekends!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

THat is awesome you got hardwood floors in your contract! Glad yall had a good weekend.