Monday, January 28, 2013

7 Days to go...

Well my 34 days is quickly coming to an end.  I can't hardly believe that I haven't blogged in 27 days, but honestly, it's been nice.  I had gotten into a rut of feeling like I HAD to post a Weekend Rewind or I HAD to post new pictures of Elyse, but for the past 27 days I've just been taking it all in.  For the most part my big DSLR camera has sat unused and even when I have taken it with me it normally stays stashed away. 

January has been a fun month.  We've relaxed and spent lots of time as just our precious family of 3.  Oh trust me, there has been plenty of time for date nights with friends and dinner with family but after the hustle & bustle of December, January's schedule has been a welcome relief. 

I'll probably post a full update on Elyse on everything she's doing, but let me just say we have a full-blown WALKER now!  She hardly ever chooses to crawl anymore, because she's also learned to stand up on her own even after she falls down. 

And since she's a full blown walker...she is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY...which makes snapping pictures practically impossible! 

We end up with lots of pictures like this...

& this...
 
& this...when she would really just rather have my phone than pose for a cute diaper/bib photo!
 



However, today it was incredibly nice outside so while we were at my parents' house for lunch, we decided to let Elyse go exploring a bit outside.  She LOVED it!  I can't wait until we're able to go on daily walks around our neighborhood or to the local parks so she can play on the playground equipment! 




 



 
Overall, these last 27 days have been so nice!  I'll be back to blogging soon, because I really do miss documenting our lives, from the super duper excited to the incredibly boring & mundane...it's our life and I love to have a record of everything that goes on!  But for now, and until I turn the big 3-0 next week...I'm going to spend some more precious time with this smily face!  and who could blame me!?!?

7 comments:

Danavee said...

I was just thinking about you. Good to hear all is well!

Melanie said...

Glad you have enjoyed your break..we all need one from time to time! I LOVE that picture of her with her hands up in the air when she was outside walking around!!! I know what you mean about the blurry pictures too..its hard to get a good one of a super fast toddler!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Look at Elyse go!!! And, happy early birthday!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

I've thinking about you and family. I love to hear that you are enjoying your days. I love E's pictures even those out of focus, they tell the story of a busy baby, like the one I have at hand.

Callie said...

Oh goodness, she's so cute walking around! How fun. :-)

Sara McCarty said...

Look at her go!! Wow! That was quick! I can't believe she's already moving like that. And she just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love the blonde hair!

Megan said...

Let the fun begin! She's seriously adorable!