Sunday, April 5, 2015

Nora Kay Love ~ 4 Months

Our little squirt is officially 4 months old, and I can't hardly believe it!  This last month has been an absolute whirlwind, but has just further confirmed how much of a laid back baby Nora is! 

Weight: Our official 4 month checkup is next Wednesday, but at her last trip to the hospital, she weighed 13 lbs.  You wouldn't know it by looking at her...but Elyse actually weighed 12 lbs 15 oz at her 4 month check, which means they are actually really close to the same size.  Nora is SOOO much chunkier than Elyse!  

Clothes: We are finishing up the last of our size 1 diapers, but we have a box of size 2s ready to be used.  We've had a few blow-outs, so it's definitely time to switch it up.  I'm starting to break out the 3-6 month clothes and it's so fun to go through all the old clothes that Elyse wore 3 years ago.  Thankfully we don't have to buy a ton of stuff since I have BOXES of clothes from Elyse...but anything new that we buy will definitely be 3-6 month.  


Food: The stress & dehydration from all of the medical issues certainly took a toll on my milk supply and I've had to consciously focus on drinking water.  Nora is taking between 5-5.5 oz at each feeding when she has a bottle so I've been trying to ramp up my supply a bit.  She is eating 5 times during the day & has added back in the overnight feeding since being in the hospital the first time.  She is still a super fast & efficient eater but has also started to get slightly distracted so I have to limit the noise and talking when she's nursing.  

Sleep:  Yeah...we're back to an overnight feeding.  Since her first hospital stay she's been waking up at all random times during the night, but I can typically feed her and she goes right back down.  I think I'll start trying to wean her from that nighttime feeding again fairly soon.  She isn't quite as good of a nap-taker as her sister was, but I still typically get one quick cat nap in the mornings and then 2 more 1.5-2 hour naps throughout the day.  I put her down for bed around 7:30 and she sleeps until 7, with that one overnight feeding.  I honestly can't complain about that!  

Activity: She is definitely an active girl and loves being down on the floor.  She frequently gets fussy if she's held for too long, but will spend loads of time on her piano play mat.  We recently hung her Lamaze princess toy for her to play with and she seems to love that.  She is SUPER close to rolling over, and I honestly expect it to happen any day.   I've also started packing some toys in the diaper bag and tossing them in her carseat because she's become really good at gripping toys and bringing them to her mouth.  

Personality: This sweet girl has the most precious disposition.  She engages and interacts with us so much more than Elyse did.  She freely gives her gummy grins away and we can get her to laugh if we tickle her belly or under her chin.  She has also started "singing" with me as I sing her Jesus Loves Me before bedtime.  It is the most precious sound in the world and I love just interacting with her and looking into her big baby blue eyes!  

Likes:
Elyse--Nora LOVES her big sister...and I'm pretty positive Elyse adores her back!  

Her Hands--This girl has her hands in her mouth ALL. THE. TIME.  I really thought she might be teething, but I think she's just discovered her hands and absolutely loves having them in her mouth.  

Floor Time--She will lay on the floor for 20-30 minutes at a time just hanging out and batting at her toys.  


Dislikes: 
There really isn't much to add here...this girl is happy probably 97% of the time.  With 1% being when she's SUPER hungry, another 1% being when she's tired, and the other 1% when Elyse has invaded her personal space just a little too much!  ;o) 

Elyse & Nora: 
As I mentioned above Nora LOVES her big sister!  She follows her every move and I know these two are going to be best friends, or Best Sisters as Elyse calls them.  Elyse loves to hold her hand or pat her on the head or help out in almost any way imaginable.  It warms my heart to see their love for each other grow each day!

4 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Her smile is everything and that onezie is adorable!

Sara McCarty said...

She is so sweet! She really does look like Elyse at that age! I love that she's such a sweetheart and loves her sister! These second kids are the best, aren't they?!

Candace Shiflet said...

oh my goodness, she is so precious!!! 4 months and so adorable!

Xo
Candace
Lovely Little Rants

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I've been a terrible blogger friend....happy belated Easter and Happy Birthday to your little angel! look how big she's gotten!