Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a week...

Well, needless to say after this post you'll realize that my week has been incredibly hectic, chaotic, & frustrating. I started off the week with the realization that my computer here at work had some neat virus that while it would allow my computer to boot up just fine, none of my programs would work. So I took it in to have it worked on only to be told that my entire harddrive was corrupt & they would have to completely rebuild the harddrive. The only good news in all of this is that they were able to backup all of my important files. I finally got my computer back this morning only to begin the long & very frustrating process of recreating my system as it used to be and reinstalling all the necessary software. Finally after about 4 hours I had reinstalled Microsoft Office, reinstalled a printer 2x after uninstalling it once from a failed installation, reconfigured my e-mail to come back through Outlook & reinstalled several company programs that are necessary to complete everyday business. I think I'm finally back up & running, I'm just hoping it still works when I get here tomorrow.

In addition to the computer issues, they took my grandma to the hospital by ambulance because her pulse rate dropped to 38....Not Good. Her blood pressure has been on a roller coaster (mainly staying really high) in the past few weeks & they are running a bunch of tests to hopefully figure out what's causing this. I posted about my grandma a few months ago & she seriously is such an amazing woman of God, but I know how much this scares her when she doesn't quite know what's wrong. I'm just praying that they'll figure out what's wrong with her very soon & release her from the hospital in time for her to enjoy Easter Sunday...

With some good news, we got our Easter package from my mother-in-law early this week & it was full of Easter goodies...Reese's peanut butter eggs, an Easter dish towel, Easter Candy Corn, Easter dinner napkins, & a silly little Easter game. Those packages always make me smile--especially this one which was covered in bright colored paper & had paper eggs & Easter grass at the bottom. I wanted to take a picture but she had written the address quite large so you'll just have to use your imagination. Also, we are closing tomorrow at noon!!! YIPPEE!!!

I also thought I would share one of my favorite worship songs right now, it is appropriate for everything that's been going on recently & it just reminds me of how God is always there & will never ever go anywhere--even when I try my best to push him away. With all the craziness of the week, I haven't done a very good job of remembering what this week is all about---but God sacrificed so much & is still so willing to give us all we ask for. His love is so abundant & his grace will just pour out on us--I just have to remember to run to him & seek refuge in His arms.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I was going to put this song on my blog also. It is SO my favorite song right now! I am so sorry about your grandma, I hope she is home in time for Easter