Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, as promised, this weekend was actually fairly non-eventful. Friday night we grabbed takeout and positioned ourselves on the couch armed with over 200 pieces of candy for the neighborhood kiddos. We had a great time and they all looked so adorable. We had everything from elephants to princesses to octopus to pirates. Most of the candy is gone; however, what's left is now stuck in the back of our pantry in a hiding place. Hopefully it will disappear slowly rather than all at once--although I think I heard the Milk Duds whispering to me this morning. ;o)

Saturday I had to work during the morning and Nick had his dreaded CPA test. He took the financial section this time and without going into too much detail...the test has not been his friend in the past. I have a good feeling about this one, and I hope I'm right. He's worked so hard and I'm so proud of his efforts. I just hope it shows on the test results this time. As a treat for all of his hard work and to show him how much I truly love him, I told him to pick a place for dinner. It just happened to be this wonderful local Chinese restaurant reminiscent of P.F. Chang's. It's called Five Spice Grille and they have the best crab rangoon on the face of the earth. They also have lots of fantastic Chinese dishes. Needless to say, I left completely stuffed and ready for a nap.

Sunday we were up early with Daylight Savings Time and I was actually able to accomplish a few things (cleaning a bit, tidying up the house, and starting laundry) before leaving for church. Our preacher spoke on the characteristics of a good leader and it was a great service. He quoted numerous scriptures focused on how God blesses those leaders who have integrity, lead with humility, and lead with generosity. Regardless of the party you normally align with, it's these characteristics that we should look for on the local, state and national level when choosing who will lead us. We then spent some time in prayer and I hope you all are doing the same as this election could change so many things for us and regardless of who is elected, they need prayer and God's guidance.

After the service, we headed down to my parents' house for lunch and my dad and Hubby built Bogey a little platform for his kennel. It's something simple but will give him a place to stay dry when it's rainy and snowy this winter. The weekend ended with a fantastic small group meeting...I just love those people!

I'm not sure about everyone else, but God is blessing us with a wonderful dose of Indian Summer. Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s...it's been absolutely beautiful outside and certainly not normal for the first week of November. I just hope we can get enjoy it before reality sets in! Have a Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: