Friday, February 12, 2010

Sunshine...where are you??

I don't know about everyone else, but this week seems to have been sooo long! I'm going to attribute most of it to Megan's self-diagnosis of February funk. Sure, we don't have the 30" of snow on the ground like the East, but it's just been gross. I can normally handle the cold temperatures as long as we get sunshine every couple of days. However, I feel like the sun hasn't been shining in weeks. This morning there is a hint of sunshine coming through the clouds, but it's forecast to be mostly cloudy again by lunchtime. It's just cold, windy, and gray outside...definitely not an environment to create a cheery attitude!

I'm so ready for Spring I can't hardly stand it! With tax season in full swing combined with the previous mentioned nastiness outside, I have been lacking motivation for pretty much anything this week. I come home from work, read for a little while, fix dinner, we eat dinner & then for most of the rest of the evening we sit & watch television. Productive, not at all. In addition, some nights I end up falling asleep in our LaZBoy recliner that lends itself very well to napping. This might sound all well & good to most of you, but when Hubby wakes me up to head to bed then I just feel disgusted with myself for not being productive during the entire night. Maybe I should just get over it & get up & do something!!! Ughhh...so I'm blaming it all on the weather. It makes me unmotivated to do anything & then I'm bored with not doing anything...and then repeat! What a frustrating never-ending cycle!

Alright, so enough of my big pity party for myself! I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend. It's a holiday weekend x 2!!! Hubby & I are celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow night since we have small group on Sunday. I also have Monday off due to President's Day so hopefully we'll be able to grab a quick lunch together! Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fun and long weekend, enjoy!

Kathryn said...

I am SO ready to see sunshine! It came out for about 5 minutes yesterday...what a teaser!

Megan said...

I think we all need some of that sun!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Ginger said...

agreed too much gray gloominess.

Heather said...

I am ready for the sunshine too!!! Hope you have a great weekend!