Friday, December 2, 2011

Yummy Yummy Cookie Goodness

Earlier this week I hosted my 4th annual Christmas Cookie Exchange for all the lovely ladies in my life! I was hoping that Elyse would hold off so we could all gather together. Thankfully, and maybe for the last time in her life, she listened and we were able to eat some yummy soups & delicious cookies all while having a great time with friends!

I invited close to 15 fabulous ladies from my various circle's of friends, but unfortunately with crazy December schedules only about 5 were able to attend. At first I was honestly a little bummed, but our small intimate group made it a wonderful evening anyway. We were able to all sit around the same table, share in the same conversation, and eat way too many cookies since there were only 6 varieties to choose from!

Last year I had 12 of my friends come and that was almost TOO many cookies to be able to try them all! I know that may be hard to believe but after stuffing our bellies with yummy soup & appetizers, there's only so much room for the sweet treats. However, I just love filling my house with fun conversation and love that comes when all my girlfriend's get together so I wouldn't trade a big crowd for anything.

The recipe I chose this year was of course from Pinterest and could certainly be considered a Pinterest Success! Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies...so delicious!


INGREDIENTS:

8oz. (1 brick) Cream cheese, room temperature

1/2 c. Butter, softened (1 stick)

1 egg

1 t. Vanilla

1 (18-ounce) box red velvet cake mix

Powdered sugar, for rolling/dusting


HOW ITS DONE:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.

3. Beat in egg, then the vanilla.

4. Beat in the cake mix.

5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.

6. Roll batter into tablespoon-sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.

7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes.


The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.

This pregnant momma honestly wasn't too disappointed with the small crowd, since a small crowd also means a quick & easy cleanup! Next year hopefully the turnout will be a little more successful, but if not I know that me & my girlfriends will make the best of it!

The group this year...without my momma who's standing behind the camera!

Myself, Jennifer, Bethany, Jacinda, & Andrea


Thanks for coming girls, it was a fabulous evening!

3 comments:

henning love said...

how nice an evening with girls and cookies. i'm sorry about other people cancelling that bums me out too but it still sounds like you had an excellent evening.

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

I love that you hosted a cookie exchange and loved even more that you posted the recipe to your delicious treats. I have a book club coming up next week, so I think I might try to bake them then.

Bethany said...

It was so fun (and delicious)!!! I'm using your mom's recipe for a cookie exchange I have this week! Hope they're as good as hers were!