Thursday, March 21, 2013

prayer request

So I don't normally post things like this, but I just can't seem to shake a situation that has developed in the last 48 hours.

The wife of a good friend of my little brother's who also played golf with my husband in college, had been suffering from headaches recently. I'm honestly not sure how long.  Two days ago she woke up confused and ended up in the ER.  They ran an MRI and found what was probably the worst thing they could find...a 7 cm mass in the right front lobe of her brain.  They admitted her into the Neuro ICU and I'm really not knowledgeable enough or close enough to the situation to give any more details.  However, I do know that yesterday she became unresponsive and they had to drain fluid off her brain to avoid anymore swelling.

Thankfully she did come to last night, and then even more so this morning so they could quickly explain what was going on before she headed into have brain surgery this morning.  Brain surgery.  She can't be more than 27 years old and is having brain surgery as we speak.

As I type this, she is in an operating room just 20 minutes from here having dr's and nurses work to remove the tumor that is attacking her.

I honestly don't know her personally, but I know her husband & I'm in her exact life situation.  She's a wife, and a daughter, and a Child of the King, and a Mom.  Yeah, she has a baby boy at home who can't be more than 6 months old who I know she loves more than anything.

If you have a moment right now, will you pray for her & her family.  Pray that the doctor's hands would move quickly & efficiently, that God would guide there movements to remove all of the tumor, but also not damage more of her brain than necessary during the process, that once surgery is over she would still be herself with maybe only minor therapy needed, that the mass would be just that and not cancerous.  There are so many prayers right now, and they need all the help they can get.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us (Ephesians 3:20)

8 comments:

LC said...

That's horrible! I'm definitely praying. Keep us updated.

Jennifer Owens said...

Praying....thanks for sharing your heart for her.

Susannah said...

Oh no, this is heartbreaking! I sent up a prayer.

Megan said...

Praying! Keep us updated please!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Definitely will keep him in prayer! So scary!

Courtney said...

How heartbreaking! Definitely praying!

Melanie said...

Praying!! Let us know how she is please!!

henning love said...

oh lauren definitely praying for her and for the doctor's hands. do you have any updates?