Friday, August 22, 2014

Insta-Friday

Lots of randomness on my phone from the past couple of weeks...most of which deserves to be documented at least in a phone-dump post!
 
Our August schedule is MUCH slower than July, which means that on my Elyse Days, we've actually been able to have some fun! 
 
1.  Last Thursday before swim lessons I took Elyse to one of her favorite places...the FARM!  It's a local farm-park that is maintained by our county park board.  They have pigs, cows, goats, donkeys, sheep, etc. and a fun play area.  Elyse LOVES farm animals so she had a blast.  It was also quite hilarious when she tried to walk away from the goat only to realize that the goat had put her ponytail in it's mouth!  Elyse didn't panic, but she for sure wondered why she couldn't move! 

After our visit to the farm we stopped by Chick-fil-A for a quick lunch before heading on to swim lessons.  After swim lessons Elyse pretty much crashes in the car and today was no different...she was WORN OUT!  But what a fun day with my girl!
 
2.  The day before Elyse had spent some of the day with her Mamaw and I made a stop by Target...and once again the Dollar Spot got me!  They had 15-piece framed puzzles for $1!!!  Elyse is really into puzzles right now so I bought three that I knew she'd enjoy.  She has spent probably HOURS putting those things together, taking them apart, and putting them together...all BY HERSELF!  I honestly think she has some of her momma's photographic memory because it takes her no time to put them back together. 

3.  On Friday morning it was time for Hubby & I to have our teeth cleaned and at the recommendation of our hygienist, we brought Elyse along.  I honestly had no idea how it would go, but after a little bit of coaxing onto momma's lap, and Sheriff Callie on the iPad...she opened her mouth and let her teeth be examined.  Thankfully we're doing a great job and we didn't push it since this was her first time!  Next up...her first teeth cleaning!  Hopefully it goes just as smoothly. 

4.  This past weekend on Saturday night, we met up with my parents for dinner and a Springfield Cardinals baseball game.  They have a grassy area in the outfield where you can take a blanket and just relax so we bought general admission tickets out there so Elyse could run around.  It turned out to be a beautiful evening and Elyse was LOVING the cotton candy, peanuts, and popcorn that was provided by her Papa. 

5. On Sunday, my little brother challenged us to the #icebucketchallenge.  So...when it was about time to head in for the evening, Hubby & I prepared our buckets to join in.  Here's the videos that we shared on social media to challenge some others! Even if you're making a funny video, I hope you're also donating to this worthy cause...obviously lots of people are because donations have surpassed $50 million!  Go here to donate!
 
 
6.  Wednesday of this week, Elyse & I had absolutely NO plans.  I considered taking her to our neighborhood pool for awhile in the morning, but she was perfectly content to play with her toys...which honestly doesn't happen that often.  So we simply stayed home and we played in her playroom for over 3 hours!!!  Without leaving except for a potty break!  I think my heart melted a bit when she found her Piggy Paint and brought it over for me to paint her fingernails and toenails.  She sat completely still the entire time and also sat long enough for it to dry!  Toddler fingers & toes are the most adorable thing! 
7.  Since Elyse & I literally did NOT leave the house at all on Wednesday (this NEVER happens), she didn't even make it out of her jammies until after her nap.  And the only reason I changed her clothes is because I knew we'd be spending the evening outside and I didn't want her to be crazy hot.  So...I picked out some of her most casual play clothes, let her pick her shoes, and then she found her daddy's Color Run headbands.  She was quite the fashionista...or she looked like a bag of Skittles...either way!  ha! 
 
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend...we'll either be inside with the A/C cranked or we may pay a LONG visit to my parents' pool!  The highs are forecasted to be 100+...YIKES!

No comments: