Saturday, August 1, 2015

Project 365 ~ July

And just like that, July is over and August has begun and it seems for the vast majority of people that means summer is over as well.  And for us...well it sort of means that this year too...because Elyse is starting preschool two days a week!  (cue the tears)  

But before we get ahead of ourselves, here's a look back at our July...we had a lot of crazy fun and I just fall more in love with my little family of 4 each day!  

Samson & Delilah had to help out with VBS one night...oh the things I do for my mother-in-law!  

Nora turned 7 months old...


We had an early 4th celebration with some good friends...

and we celebrated in traditional 4th style with these two little firecrackers at my parents' house...

Nora officially became a belly-sleeper...

and displayed her serious love for spaghetti...

Elyse's personality continued to bring me so much incredible joy, and reminded me of how blessed we are...

With sweltering heat, we rediscovered painting...and this entertained Elyse for hours...

Elyse & I had a little date day...and we loved every minute of it, well except for the "scary clown" in the movie...

we spent some time in my parents' pool...

And we went to a birthday party at the local gymnastics club...

I survived 5 days being a single mom to these two little girls while their daddy was on a golf trip...but had loads of help.  

We spent some more time at my parents' pool while we were waiting on Daddy to get home...


And then it was time for VBS to start...

With Gigi being the VBS director & Mamaw helping out by teaching, that meant Nora got to spend some time at the office with Momma, Daddy, & Papa!

This little girl LOVED every bit of her class, and had so much fun!  

They had a pool day outside one day, which is the only justifiable reason for wearing a swimming suit in church...

And of course there was a program, where we witnessed her first official "wave to the crowd"...

We took Daddy to the local community pool and after some bribing we got Elyse to go down the slide...

We celebrated National Ice Cream Day, and then decided to challenge ourselves with a bit of a sugar break...it's been hard, but not impossible.  And it's only lasting until Florida in September!  

This girl tried my patience a few times...but melted my heart more times than I can count.  I just love her and the beautiful lady she's turning into.  

We got matching donut shirts, and needless to say, she was a little excited!  

Hubby & I had a work conference and we rode a motorcycle with Flo...ok, we were really sitting on a green box and the super-imposed everything else on us.  

Nora gave us a clear indication that she loves berries just as much as her sister...

And she laughed and giggled and smiled so much that I'm sure her face must have been hurting...
 
We made our annual quick trip to STL for a family Cardinals game.  And we sweat.  A lot.  

We visited Grant's Farm...

and rode the carousel...

And these two showed us further evidence that they are in fact related.  Because who wouldn't put Nora's infant linking rings on their nose as giant nose rings?!?

We visited yet another pool and spent an evening with some great friends...

And it felt incredibly  bittersweet when I received this backpack in the mail along with a school supply list for Elyse's preschool...

And I finished off the month with a girls night, with my bestie.  Mexican, margaritas, ice cream, and a patio...the perfect girls night! 


I can't believe that next month at this time I'll be recapping Elyse's first few weeks of preschool...time is flying!  

2 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

What a busy and FUN month! I can't believe Elyse is starting preschool already. My boys all thrived at school though and I am sure she is going to love it!

Sara McCarty said...

Such a great month! Look at your little chunky monkey! I love her. And Elyse is getting so big. Can't believe our babies are starting school soon. Tear.