Monday, September 14, 2009

Country Boy meets City Girl

Alright, so here we go. I've decided to break our trip up so all the pictures aren't overwhelming! We started off the trip by heading out early Friday morning bound for Eastern Tennesee. It was a long day but we pulled into our destination just in time to get changed for the rehearsal dinner. Hubby & I weren't in the wedding so it wasn't really necessary to be at the rehearsal but my fabulous aunt invited anyone who was coming from Missouri since we'd had such a long drive!

Hubby & I had originally planned to stay in a hotel about 25 minutes from the wedding location, but my parents got there early and were able to negotiate getting an extra room for a very discounted rate...so it was such a nice surprise to pull in and see that this is where we would be spending the night!


The location is actually used as a retreat for missionaries along with being a bed and breakfast/wedding location. It was absolutely beautiful & such a perfect wedding location for Kevin & Ashley. This is the view across the property from my parent's balcony! Stunning!!!

Hubby & I had a huge room and although it was a bed & breakfast it was definitely not too Victorian or kitschy like so many of them seem to be! Our bed was super high & super comfy!

My cousin grew up on a farm & still has a lot of Country Boy in him, even though he now lives in Nashville and plays in a worship band. Ashley is certainly a city girl that I think is getting used to all of the country stuff! My aunt Belinda did an amazing job with the centerpieces for the rehearsal dinner. I love how she intertwined their two backgrounds & made it absolutely adorable! The rehearsal dinner food was also amazing!
Saturday we had the entire day to spend hanging out since the wedding didn't start until 4:00. They had a full size croquet field so we enjoyed a game...I happen to have decided that I really don't enjoy this game! ;o) Maybe I'm just a sore loser.

They also had some hiking trails, one of which lead to a field with some cows...are these not the most adorable/ugly cows you have ever seen?!?
Now on to the point of the whole weekend...the Wedding!!! As I've mentioned before, Kevin plays in the worship band that travels to all of Beth Moore's conferences....so needless to say this was a wedding focused on worship & our heavenly father who orchestrates everything in our lives! Kevin even played a few worship songs at the beginning of the wedding & it was certainly unlike any other wedding ceremony I've been to or expect to attend in the future. How awesome to see a wedding ceremony so focused on Jesus Christ!
Yup, that's Beth Moore on the right saying a blessing over Kevin & Ashley at the end of the ceremony! Hubby & I waiting on the reception to start!
Another beautiful photo of the grounds!

The Jones Family
The Jones boys'--love these men!


Showing off the pockets of my dress! Obviously not a very flattering photo!

Hubby & I giving the big cheesy grin to each other!

First dance...are they just not beautiful together?!?

Mother/Son dance...this woman is like a second mom to me! Love them so much!

The Smart Family cousins in attendance...the bride & groom, his brother & girlfriend, & Hubby & I
This was an amazing start to our trip. We stayed at the reception long enough to get cake, said our goodbyes, & headed out. We made it as far as Lexington, KY before stopping for the night. Everything about their wedding weekend was beautiful!
Stay tuned for more photos...

2 comments:

Hailey HRH said...

what great pictures! and such a beautiful location

Tara Gibson said...

that dress looks FAB on you and what a gorgeous location for the wedding!