Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hump Day Half-Day

Today is a half-day at work for me. Actually, for the most part, every Wednesday in the future will be a half-day. With a change in some of the work schedules, I now get a half-day each week and my designated day is Wednesday. Can I just say that I AM LOVING THIS!?!?!?



I'm not sure why a half-day in the middle of the week is so liberating but for now I think it's actually making the days go by faster. Work 2 days, work a half-day, work 2 days...WEEKEND!!!


This afternoon I've got a quick dr's appointment, some errands to run, and then I think I'll be headed home to plant myself on the couch with a book...which may or may not result in a nice mid-afternoon nap. There's just something about those extra 4 hours that make me feel super-productive!


Oh...and to make today even better, we had some extra cash saved up and I've called my mom's housecleaner to come give our house a serious cleaning! I'm so excited to come home to a clean house!

4 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

A half day in the middle of the week IS awesome! Sweet! Enjoy your new schedule and your Wednesday afternoons to do whatever you like! (o:

Amanda said...

i'm soooooo excited for you!!!!! that is awesome! you will enjoy that. i want to have a half day too someday! haha! that will be nice to get a lot of extra things done during those 4 hours.....or just to relax! have a fun half day friend! :)

Lyryn said...

I love when people clean my house! Love it! They always seem to do a better job than me! lol

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, I am so absolutely jealous!! I want a half day. I want every day to be a half day. Hahaha.