Monday, August 22, 2011

A Baby-Full Weekend

It was a full weekend for Hubby & I, nothing too crazy but time just seemed to get filled up in a hurry! However, Friday night we had absolutely NO plans and decided to take advantage of it. Breakfast for dinner (french toast, eggs, bacon) had been on the menu, but after a quick little tweak and my attempt to try and eat healthier for Elyse & I, I decided on a different breakfast for dinner. A simple bowl of cereal and a peach...and it was perfect! ha! We watched the movie Limitless while vegged out on the couch and I couldn't have asked for a better Friday!

Saturday things were pretty much go, go, go from the time I woke up. My mom was helping to host the family shower for my cousin at her house so I headed down a little early to help out. We had a great turnout with some yummy food and my cousin got lots of great things for her precious baby boy! I can't believe I'll be having my own family shower in a little over a month!


My cousin Virginia with her two hosts...my momma and my Aunt Belinda!




And no...my mom and I did not plan to dress alike! But don't we look fabulous in blue??


I headed home from the shower in time to rest for just a bit before Hubby & I headed out for some more baby fun. Yup...Saturday was the day for registering! I was already prepared to be overwhelmed, and I definitely was. We first headed to Babies R Us for most of the essentials & then we headed to a local baby boutique called Bella Baby for some of the more fun stuff! I did pretty well, but I was absolutely exhausted!




I didn't ever have an official breakdown, but I may have possibly plopped myself down right in the middle of the baby monitor aisle while Hubby & I discussed our options. I totally should have had Hubby snap a picture but let's be real, I was too tired to even think about that. Now to be honest, the nice employees had said we could come back to the registry desk for a rest at any time...but that was all the way at the back of the store and at that point I really didn't care if I was sitting in the middle of a store aisle!


See, I've decided that no matter how prepared I might have been, it's still just ridiculously overwhelming to know what stuff to register for and how many and what bottles and what pacifiers and Huggies/Pampers and blankets and crib sheets (cotton, sateen, or knit?) and video/audio monitor, etc., etc., etc.! However, for the most part it's done. We still plan on registering at Walmart for some more of the practical items but the big part of the registry has been taken care of! Woo woo!


We finished off our night with pizza from one of our favorite local pizza joints, The Pizza House, and then shared a giant cupcake from The Cup. After a fairly quick stop at the grocery store, it was time to head home and call it a night. Whew, it was quite the day!


Sunday we had an incredible service at church about God being Adonai, Supreme Lord of our life. What a slap in the face! How often I claim to be a good Christian woman but I don't truly let Jesus be Lord!


We had a fairly free afternoon before it was time for Small Group to start up again for the year! Hubby is actually leading this time & we're doing Finanical Peace University (FPU) with Dave Ramsey! We've been following most of his principles for the last several months and I'm already excited about what God's going to do for us through this study! I'll post more on the study later.


I was in charge of dinner for the evening so I decided to serve Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork, chips, ultimate chocolate chip cookie bars, & fresh sliced peaches! Yummm!!!






I also whipped up some No-Bake Cookies for a meal tonight we're having with friends! These are so delish!



It's time for another week...nothing too crazy planned but lots of things to fill our schedule!

5 comments:

Megan said...

No bake cookies? YUM!! Y'all both look precious in blue!

Danavee said...

I need a spicy Dr. Pepper shredded pork tutorial! YUM!

Laura Darling said...

Sounds like a good weekend! So cute that you and your mom matched!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

You looked adorable in your blue dress! so excited your husband is teaching FPU! I love me some Dave Ramsey:-) oh sorry about feeling overwhelmed about the baby registery. I didn't even register for my weddding because I didn't want to stress so I cant even imagine doing when I become pregnant. Great thought that you stuck it out:-) Baby Girl E will sure appreciate everything:-)

Kristen said...

Love your blue dress - you can really see your belly!

And that food looks AMAZING!