Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Perfect Weather Weekend

After such a long hot stretch, we couldn't have asked for better weather this weekend! A "cool" front came through and brought us a very welcome relief from the high temps along with some lower humidity! With the weather we've had, I can't believe it's the middle of August, it's almost starting to feel like fall out there.


Thanks to some free tickets, Hubby & I spent Friday night with some of our friends' from small group at the annual athletic's auction for one of the local university. We only stayed for the silent bidding portion but came really close to walking away with a Baby Jogger City Mini stroller for Elyse. It was exactly what we're planning to buy anyway, just a different color...and while the winner still got a great deal, it wasn't as good of a deal as it could have been. Our first bid, with only 15 min left in the auction, was for $116, for something with a retail value of $240! I guess it just wasn't meant to be...We spent the rest of the evening back at our house playing cards & just hanging out, it was a great relaxing evening.


Saturday I headed to work before the big event of the weekend...The Back-to-Small Group Pool Party! We all took advantage of my parents' pool and gathered there for the afternoon. We finished off with a cookout and we seriously couldn't have asked for better weather! It was warm enough to be in the water (which has cooled off significantly from last week), but not so hot that you HAD to be in the water. I just love all these people & I'm so glad God has blessed me with such fabulous friends!


Picture taking wasn't high on the priority list as this preggo wasn't too excited about being in any swimsuit photos! So enjoy some photos of the rest of the group!

This little darling was jumping off the board without her floaties before the afternoon was over!


Quite the crowd, 15 adults & 11 kiddos...but what a fun afternoon!

Think she needs a puppy!?!?



The kiddos...it's going to be so fun to watch them all grow up together...and of course we've still got more on the way!


After the crowd left and everything was cleaned up, Hubby & I went with my parents up to the pond just to relax. I think that's one of my favorite places to be, just sitting on the dock, watching the dogs play fetch, and feeding the fish. It's so incredibly peaceful & I'm so thankful for such a wonderful place to get away!
This morning we headed to church and then ran a few errands before coming home to veg out! The weather is beautiful again & we've already got the grill all lined up for dinner. What a perfect way to end a wonderful weekend...grilling out and taking Bogey for a walk on a beautiful evening!

4 comments:

Danavee said...

That last picture is beautiful. Makes me want to jump into that scene!

Lindsey said...

What a fun weekend! I'm jealous of your weather though. We were camping and it stormed/rained all weekend!

Editor said...

Looks like an awesome weekend, love the picture of the little girl jumping in the pool! too awesome!

Natalie said...

Sounds like fun! I've been lovin' this cool front too. Yesterday night was just gorgeous outside so I got in a nice long walk =D