Thursday, September 22, 2011

Elyse Love ~ 27 Weeks

First of all, thank you all for the encouragement about switching doctors. It really was a difficult decision, but I'm at such peace with it now! Your encouragement & comments helped so much! I'm backtracking a bit to get in my Elyse update, mainly just because I didn't want to miss one and I of course failed to get one up before we left for the trip...so enjoy my bump photo from Busch Stadium in STL!

27w4d



Total Weight Gain/Loss: Only time will tell on this one. I feel pretty good about myself right now and I'm certainly not blowing up like a whale so I consider that a success...I guess I'll find out the real numbers next week when I visit my new doctor. However, at this point I would like to think I'm right on track and only gaining true "baby" weight instead of "eat everything in sight" weight! ha!

Gender: Oh Elyse, each day brings more excitement as I think about the arrival of our precious baby girl!


Movement: Movement, movement, & more movement! I did feel her have the hiccups for the first time on Wednesday, September 21st! It was such a consistent, steady rhythm that there was no doubt it had to be hiccups! I'm still loving all the movement, I just continue to wonder and be amazed at how you can possibly be comfortable all curled up in there!


Sleep: Minus the bathroom visits it seems great. I think that God is already starting to prepare me for less sleep than I'm used to. I seem to be waking up earlier, wide awake, and feeling great throughout the day!


What I miss: At this point, pregnancy has just become my way of life. I honestly don't miss anything that really matters and I know that my precious girl will be so worth any sacrifices. With my new non-diet diet...I do miss eating whatever I want and I certainly miss my sweets but thankfully I've found ways to compensate for that!


Cravings: Nothing too absurd thankfully! I'm just trying to eat healthy & snack often...this seems to keep any simple hunger cravings under control!


Symptoms: Ummm...can we say baby bump! ha! I'm very obviously pregnant in most everything I wear and that seems to be the only continuous symptom. I do have some nagging back pain in the evenings and even when I wake up in the morning but that quickly goes away as I start moving around.


Maternity Clothes: All my pants are either leggings, maternity jeans, or maybe a lone pair of jeans/dress pants with a bella band. However, even the Bella Bands are seeing less and less use because they just aren't as comfortable. I got another pair of maternity jeans last weekend which brings my total to 2 whole pair...I'm thinking at least one or 2 more pair should get me through this season if I combine them with leggings!


Best Moment this week: In addition to the movement being incredible, I'd have to say making the decision to switch doctors. And of course all the encouragement I've received after I made the decision. It certainly wasn't an easy one, but now that I've moved on and have scheduled an appointment with a new doctor everything I hear about my new OB is just incredible! I can't wait to meet her in person next week...I can't help but know that this was all in God's hands & He has given me so many signs that I've made the right choice for me and my baby girl.


Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your sweet comments. They certainly made this pregnant, emotional momma's day!


Baby To-Do List: Oh there's so much to do! And with the stress of switching doctors and then travelling, I haven't really gotten much accomplished. However, I have big plans to be very productive in the next few weeks so stay tuned!


With travelling on the normal day for bump photos you don't get a belly photo...but rest assured I'll be back next week with one!

3 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You look adorable! Glad you found a new doctor that you are comfortable with!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Ooh you are too cute! Time is a flying!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

So glad you feel great about your decision! You look so incredibly cute with your baby bump! You look so fabulous! You will have to share your secret of "not blowing up like a whale" with me when I get pregnant!

Your time is almost here! So exciting!