Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hit by a Bug x 2

Yesterday should have been one of those days where I wake up early because I'm so excited I can't sleep! You see, the majority of our nursery furniture was supposed to be delivered yesterday morning.

However, instead I woke up early feeling like I had been hit by a truck. I woke up long before my alarm went off with some tightness in my chest, a little bit of a racing heartbeat, and probably most obvious, weakness & aching all over my body. I was never concerned about Elyse as she was moving all over the place and for some reason God just gave me a peace about her well-being.

I tried to relax and fall back to sleep but that wasn't happening. I tossed and turned until Hubby got up and it was then I realized just how miserable I was. So...I stayed at home yesterday and did absolutely nothing. Hubby stayed with me until the furniture was delivered & assembled and I think he was secretly wishing he could miss the whole day...because he was having some pretty serious allergy problems as well. My mom came up and fixed me some lunch, and then we hung out for most of the afternoon. I wasn't really tired, but I couldn't sleep because of my aching body either.

It was during lunch that I realized I was running a very low-grade fever and made a call to my OB's office just to check in. They said to just take it easy, drink plenty of fluids, and take Tylenol as needed for my fever. Finally during the afternoon my fever broke and I started feeling much better. I was able to shower & pick up a little around the house.

Hubby brought Subway home for dinner and we both camped out in the living room for the night. It wasn't until about 9 pm that we realized Hubby's symptoms were incredibly similar to mine, but he had the allergy symptoms as well. Low grade fever, body that felt like he'd been in a bar fight, tiredness, weakness. Yup, I think we both somehow caught the same 24-hour bug. Thankfully he took some Tylenol, headed to bed, and his fever broke sometime during the night.

This morning we both woke up feeling almost 100% and I'm so thankful! Yesterday we were both miserable. Being sick stinks...and it stinks even more at 26 weeks preggo!

I'll have some photos of our nursery furniture soon! It looks so fabulous and I'm so happy with our choices!


Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Hope you are feeling better very very soon! Colds really are the worst! Especially when you are supposed to be doing something fun and you feel too yucky to be excited!
Can't wait to see your nursery furniture! It's going to be super-cute!

Natalie said...

OooO! Can't wait to see the nursery =) I love seeing how others decorate their home.

Angela said...

I took a sick day yesterday, too! Allergies were on overdrive! I hope you're feeling better. Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! :)

~ Angela

Mrs. Pancakes said...

My allergies are killing me and I've been miserable too! Glad you guys feel better today!

Meg {henninglove} said...

hope you two get better soon! that is sweet he stayed with you, got dinner and hung out it makes it a bit easier when both of you are sick together although being sick is never ideal

Megan said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry that y'all were feeling bad!! Hope that y'all continue to feel better!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww, so glad you both are feeling better! That is nooo fun, at all! so so exciting getting all the furniture, can't wait to see pics :)

A Beautiful Mess said...

Glad your feeling much better!!! Such a sweet hubby to bring home dinner!! Can't wait to the the nursery!