Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Fun Day Randoms

I always have such good intentions of blogging more often, but most of the time those intentions are just that...good intentions and nothing ever gets done.  Since I'm using my blog as Elyse's baby book for now, here's a few randoms from this week...

Elyse Updates:
  • Due to various circumstances at work, I ended up working yesterday & have today off!  Which means a 3-day weekend for me...and you certainly won't find me complaining about that.  Elyse and I have no plans today other than playing around the house & possibly going for a walk; however, it's super windy and there's a chance of rain so the walk may get postponed.  
  •  
  • Elyse found her ears on Wednesday.  We went down to spend the day with my mom and she would just sit & hold her ear or play with it while she was laying in the floor.  If she was unhappy otherwise then I would have thought she might have had an ear infection, but our baby girl was happy as usual so I'm thinking it was just another exciting discovery for her!
  •  
  • This was from last week, but after Elyse's 4-month shots she had her first official fever.  It was only got up to about 100.4, but our poor happy baby was just not herself.  She was just dying to be cuddled and hang out in our arms, which we definitely won't complain about.  Thankfully after a couple of doses of Tylenol she was back to herself. 
  •  
  • Last week after her shots Elyse wasn't eating very well and I mainly just contributed it to the shots, but after several days of fighting her to eat and frustratign nighttime sleep we decided to make the biggest change we've made since Elyse was  born.  We moved her to a 4 hour schedule...Eat, Awake time for 2 hours, and a 2 hour nap...repeat.  So far she's been doing wonderfully with it and has even been sleeping more soundly through the night!  Now if I can just figure out how to keep her fully entertained for 2 hours! 
  •  
  • Remember how in her 4 month photo shoot I couldn't capture a smile on camera?  Well...there's also been a change in that this week! 
Exhibit A...

Exhibit B...

Exhibit C...

& Exhibit D!
We've certainly got a smiley, happy baby on our hands!

Momma Updates: 
  • I've been going to 1-2 Zumba classes a week for about the last month and I am loving it!  Depending on the night, I have a couple of friends who I Zumba with and it's so much fun.  I'm a terrible dancer, but I'm actually starting to get some of the routines down which makes me feel like I'm getting more out of the work-out.  Anything where I can have a good time and sweat for an hour sounds good to me! 
  •  
  •  Nick & I are heading out for a date night tonight which may or may not include dinner...but will most certainly include a viewing of the Hunger Games.  Nick hasn't read the books, but I've convinced him he'll enjoy the story anyway!  That's seriously one of the most important things for us right now...taking time for just the two of us when we try our best to focus the conversation on things other than just Elyse.  It brings us both back into a sense of normalcy. 
  •  
  • We have plans to head to a local nursery tomorrow to get some plants so we can fill our pots with lots of springy, summery color!  I'l definitely be sharing photos once we get everything in place!

Have a super weekend...I can hear thunder rolling in as I type this, I'm thinking the afternoon walk may be replaced with an afternoon nap! 
     




6 comments:

Megan said...

Wow a 2 hour nap!! That is AMAZING! I love when they start developing a little personality.

Danavee said...

The mister went to see Hunger Games with me even though he hadn't read it, and he liked it anyway!

I love her smiles!!!

Amanda said...

Awww look at those smiles! LOVE the pictures, Lauren! She's such a cutie pie!

Enjoy your date night with the hubby, you deserve it! :) xoxo

Melanie said...

Love the pictures and that she's flashing you a smile now!!! Definately go take a nap..you deserve it momma!

Megan said...

Her smile is so contagious! She's precious! We need to do a little landscaping...we need some color in our yard!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

love the updates..so glad you are doing Zumba and getting back to the grind..forgot to say in the last post that the flowers are looking gorgeous!