Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Giraffes & Peacocks & Mountain Lions...oh my!

On Wednesday morning before Hubby left for his golf trip, we took advantage of the morning together and headed to the zoo for the first time this year.  We took Elyse last fall when she was just a wee-babe--but she couldn't even walk yet, so she definitely didn't enjoy it as much as I knew she would this year. 
 
We got their right as the doors were opening and when it was still fairly cool outside--which also meant that most of the animals were up and moving around.  She was fascinated by all the furry creatures & I can definitely see lots of zoo visits in our future. 
 
We started out the in the stroller...

...but ended up spending most of our time on Daddy's shoulders or walking around!

Feeding the goats at the petting zoo
I could just see her brain processing so much as she pointed out all animals!

The best ride for optimal animal viewing!

She loved the big Kitty Cat!

My loves!

Big smiles!

Yup, that's an attractive pose from momma...working on my squats at the zoo!
 
Bears, Mountain Lions, Elephants, Giraffes, Lions, Monkeys, Tigers...we saw it all!
 
Our little crazy toot!

Up-close and personal with the giraffes!

She wasn't so sure about the giraffe's tongue...

...but wanted us to keep feeding them anyway!

She loved watching the giraffes...she was in such awe!

Getting a closer look up on her tiptoes!

Peacocks were everywhere...and one of the males was really strutting his stuff!
It was the perfect family outing and a beautiful day for the zoo.  I wish the sun would have been out a little bit more because I feel like my pictures are kind of dull...but I was thankful for the clouds keeping it cooler since the temps have been soaring into the 90s! 

This girl is an animal lover, so the zoo will definitely be visited many, many time in the coming years!
 

 

5 comments:

Emmett Katherine said...

i think your pretty turned out pretty well :) looks like you guys had fun even on a cloudy day!

Melanie said...

Love how you 2 match! I cant wait to take Makayla to the zoo..we live so far away from any! :-(

Sara McCarty said...

Oh my goodness, look how close you can get to all the animals! You are not going to get that experience at the STL zoo, unfortunately. I mean, you got licked by a giraffe?! That's awesome. :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

awww...looks like she had a fun time at the zoo...love her and her dad together...so sweet!

Hannah said...

oh, this looks like so much fun! I can't wait until Emerson is big enough to really enjoy being at the zoo!