Monday, March 24, 2014

A Weekend with my Girl!

This was definitely a girls' weekend in every way...except it wasn't me & a bunch of girlfriends, just me & my sweet little girl!  Hubby headed out Friday morning for St. Louis to watch the 1st round of the NCAA tourney with his dad.  Games were held on Friday & Sunday, which means he didn't get home until after 9:00 last night. 
 
So...almost 3 whole days for Elyse & I to spend together!  Now for LOTS of mommas out there I realize that this is a pretty common thing...but for us, it's like a once or twice a year occurrence.  Hubby & I just don't travel overnight that often without the other and Elyse is definitely not used to having just one of her parents' around. 
 
In the past these nights might have caused a little anxiety about how it would all work out, but not this time.  I was actually pretty excited for some extended alone time with my girl, and it certainly didn't hurt that Daddy left us some fun money....or that a certain movie-based babysitter arrived on Friday!  Perfect timing! 

Friday I left work a little early & we headed to the park to enjoy some swinging & sliding & running around.  Elyse was successful in obtaining her first grass stain of the year & she also climbed up the big slide & went down all by herself. 

We finished off the evening by meeting Mamaw for dinner, and then of course...our first Frozen viewing at home.  This girl is SERIOUS about her movies...and practically didn't move the entire time.  Except to reassure me that Princess Anna, or  Queen Elsa depending on the scene, was going to be ok.  I'm not sure if she was really worried about me, or if it just made her feel better to say it out loud.   
 
Saturday morning I had considered going to a two-hour Zumba party...but a donut breakfast & some extended playtime with this little cutie were just too hard to pass up!   She played hard all morning by herself just going from puzzles to books to stuffed animals and she even paused at one point to sing Jesus Loves Me to her Doc McStuffins doll!  Momma wasn't fast enough to catch it on video...but it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen!  I guess even Doc needs Jesus!   
 
Saturday morning also included the second full viewing of Frozen so that I could take a shower!

 Saturday afternoon we had a birthday party for one of Elyse's best buds and then we headed out for a little bit of girl-time.  Some shopping at the mall and Target, & then dinner at Chick-fil-A with Mamaw, cousin Jackson & Aunt Lauren.  We finished up the evening with the last 35 minutes of Frozen and then it was off to bed.

Yesterday morning we went to church, then out to lunch with Mamaw, and then home for some playtime & naps. 


We finished up the evening with small group, a bath, and then another quick 30 minutes of Frozen before Elyse headed to bed and I waited up for Hubby to get home. 
He did pick up some flowers for us on Thursday before he left!
Elyse & I definitely survived the three days at home without Hubby...but we were definitely glad to have our entire family back under one roof! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you enjoy zumba? I've really been considering taking a class or two. It looks like such a fun way to get fit and tone up for summer!

That's such a beautiful flower arrangement. I don't know if it's cold where you live, but they would definitely make me feel like spring is near right about now! So cheerful, too! :)