Friday, April 25, 2014

5 on Friday---Let's Start this Week Over, Pretty Please?!?

Ok, so maybe I don't necessarily want a do-over, but I'm hoping to just get out alive.  It's been a doozy. 

1.  We came home Sunday night after a busy, but fun-filled Easter weekend and we all pretty much crashed.  Well, all except for Elyse.  She woke up about 10 PM and wouldn't go back to sleep...so she took my place in bed while I headed to the couch.  Ughh.  Cue a very not restful night's sleep for momma. 

2.  Momma woke up with a stomach bug on Monday that has now lingered even through today.  I won't go into all the gory details, but let's just say I haven't been that sick in a LONG time.  Like, long enough that I don't think Hubby has even seen me so sick. 

3.  Hubby was taking Elyse to my mom's on Tuesday morning when she pukes in the car.  Stomach Bug: 2.  Layman Family: 0.  At least I had some company in bed on Monday.  She has proceeded to throw up 3 more times in the past 3 days, but acts perfectly fine afterwards. Once in our bed.  Laundry.  And twice more in the car.  Can I just mention what a pain in the butt a carseat is to clean up after your child gets sick?!?  Seriously....gross!!!

4. Hubby came home from work last night, not with a stomach bug, but with what we presume to be a sinus infection.  His entire face aches which means little to no sleep for him last night, and an unrestful night for me as well.  Make that four nights of very interrupted sleep this week.  Ughh. Thankfully he has a doctor's appointment at 10:00 this morning to get him on some drugs!

5.  Laundry.  Lots of Laundry.  Lots and lots and lots and lots of laundry.  Three sick people including a sick momma mean a lot of really random loads of laundry. 

So...as you can imagine, the Layman family is waving their white flag to this week and requesting a new start...immediately.  I didn't cook a single meal all week and our house looks like a disaster area.  We have boxes to pack, a garage sale to work tomorrow, and a ridiculous amount of random crap covering our kitchen that is about to drive this anal, OCD momma crazy.  Mail, pill bottles, kleenex, empty glasses, Easter eggs, Easter candy, sippy cups, snack cups, Elyse's extra clothes, etc.  You name it, it's probably residing in some form on our kitchen counter. 

So...if you can't find me this evening, I'm probably hiding in a corner just having a good old-fashioned cry, because this week has been a doozy, and exhausting, and I'm so ready for it to be over. 
http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Aspen Kelty Marie said...

What a bummer! I hate when a bug goes around the whole family

iPad Air Giveaway

Makeover With Aspen

Amanda said...

Feel better soon, Layman's! I promise next week will be a better one :) Hang in there! And for the love of God, sip a margarita or two over the weekend! You deserve it!

Melanie said...

Oh my!!! We had a bad week here too..forest fires behind our house and potential lay offs! :-(

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Holy moly! Sounds like a crazy week! Hope your family is feeling better!