Friday, April 4, 2014

A House Showing...Who Does THAT?!?

Sometimes things happen in life that just leave you utterly & completely speechless, and while you might be really tempted to be incredibly angry, it's hard to do because of the shock you are experiencing. 

I had one of those experiences this week. 

Wednesday evening we had our third house showing of this entire house-selling process.  And to be honest, I'm completley unfamiliar with it as I have NEVER been involved in the house-selling game.  However, I do know that there are certain things that you just DON'T DO. 

So...on Wednesday evening the showing was supposed to happen around 6.  Hubby, Elyse, & I had dinner out and we came back home around 7 assuming that the prospective buyer would be gone...and they were.  So I pull into the garage, walk into the house and the first thing I notice is that most all the lights are still on.  As suggested by our realtor when we left the house for closing I left all the lights and lamps on and then once the showing agent leaves, they normally turn all the lights off just as a courtesy.  Well...this didn't happen. 

Secondly, I quickly notice that Elyse's Fisher Price ride on musical car is sitting in our home.  Which might not sound like a big deal, but it becomes a big deal when that musical car was actually sitting out in the garage and is currently used as an outdoor toy.  Who does THAT?!?

Next, I realize that part of Elyse's pull-along train is laying in the middle of the living room.  Definitely not where I left it when we left the house.  Who does THAT?!?

Then...I walk into the office turned play room.  Elyse's toys are normally stored & organized on a shelf or neatly placed in the floor along the wall.  No less than 1/4 of her toys had been pulled off the shelves and laid scattered around the floor.  Yeah.  Seriously.  Who does THAT?!?

I quickly called our realtor, who was absolutely NOT the showing realtor, and asked her if this was normal.  She of course was as shocked as I was & very apologetic, even though it was not at all her fault. 

I thought this was everything, but later on in the evening we also realized that our computer had been turned on.  Thankfully the computer is SUPER slow and takes forever to boot up, so it appeared that nothing had been messed with or done.  Yeah.  That happened too.  Who does THAT?!?

I was so shocked and appalled that someone would play with Elyse's toys, turn on our computer, etc.  that I failed to actually take any pictures...I just picked everything up as quickly as I could so I wouldn't have to see it all anymore.  However, you can bet that my blood pressure is rising just thinking about it.

The semi-funny thing about the whole thing?  We sold our house to them.   The house is going under contract today.  But not for a second will I forget that their children played with Elyse's toys!!!!  I mean WHO DOES THAT?!?!
 

5 comments:

Hannah said...

oh my goodness! That is nuts! We had so many showings when we were selling our house and they only ever left a few of the lights on sometimes - not a big deal. But moving toys around and playing with them (and not even bothering to pick them up?) and turning your computer on??!? Holy cow! That's just not right. Thankfully you have a contract on your house now though. Hopefully it all goes through and your house is sold before you know it!

Melanie said...

Holy cow!!!!! At least you won't have to worry about doing another showing!!

Lindsey said...

Our home is on the market too and someone knocked a picture off the wall an damaged the wall, the hardwood floor and the baseboard. All have to be replaced-who are these people with zero manners?!

henning love said...

soo weird they would turn on your computer or play with toys, seriously who does do that!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Wow!!! Terrible!! How rude that someone would invade your personal space in that way! People can be so crazy!