Friday, October 10, 2014

Nora Kay Love ~ 31 Weeks

So...with the official Family Cold of the Fall 2014 and being almost 32 weeks pregnant limiting the drugs I can take...it's been a LONG week.  Let's just all pretend that this belly update went up as normal on Tuesday...even though we're no WAY closer to 32 weeks pregnant than 31! 
 
How far along:  31 weeks...we hit the 60 day countdown this week!
How big is baby: Four Navel Oranges; 3.3 lbs



Gender: My sweet baby girl, Nora Kay! We've certainly given her some big shoes to fill with being named after my Grandma Kay.

Weight gain/loss: And...after my dr's appointment last week, this will remain an unmentionable topic.  But, on the bright side I am still on track to only gain 1lb per week for the entire pregnancy.  Yeah, you do the math...not pretty.  But worth it. 

Sleep: We have all been sharing a family cold in our house which has led to Elyse not sleeping well...which means no one sleeps well.  Between her needing up to go potty, Momma getting up to go potty, and Elyse deciding she can't go back to sleep unless she's in momma & daddy's bed...it's been an interesting week as far as sleep goes.  Hopefully this doesn't stay our new normal! 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Still nothing here.  But guacamole tops the list as a favorite condiment.  Not such a bad thing since avocadoes are all healthy fat...right?!?  I also stocked up on pumpkin puree so I can do some fun fall baking in the next few weeks!   

Movement: Oh man this girl moves. She mainly likes to move early in the mornings, right before bed, and then if I wake up in the night to go to the bathroom...she likes to have a little dance party before settling back down.  I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come! 

What I'm loving: Checking things off my to-do list!  We're now 60 days away from her arrival and so I'm trying to get a lot of the details lined out.  Both the girls' have almost fully organized closets, the new rocker-recliners found their way to our house last night, and I've started actually getting the details ordered from Etsy to finish up Nora's room.  My shower is on October 19th and I should have her bedding in hand after that...can't wait! 

Symptoms: Still the same-o, same-o here.  Growing belly. Braxton Hicks. Lower leg cramps. Heartburn. Bathroom visits.  The heartburn and leg cramps have definitely been less frequent...but that's because I feel like I'm in a constant of floating with the amount of water I'm trying to drink!

What I'm looking forward to:  I have a girls' weekend planned with my bestie on Saturday & Sunday...we're going to Kansas City to see Mamma Mia, visit IKEA for the FIRST. TIME. EVER.  and we are just planning to have some good quality girlie time!  I'm leaving Elyse at home with her Daddy and we're going to have a blast! 
Best moment of the week: Since we're all dealing with this cold...the "best" moments have been pretty minor...as in being able to breathe!  ha!  
 

1 comment: