Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Frumpy 27 Year Old

Let's start out by me saying I have almost zero hair-styling skills. I've always worn fairly simple hairstyles that only required the original use of a Chi flat iron & nothing more. I have extremely fine & thin hair so anything that requires much work is a waste of time since by the end of the day whatever style I thought I had created has given way to a limp, weighed down mess.

Today was hair-cut day and I don't think I'm alone in saying that "I love hair day!" Whether I'm getting a whole new look, new color, or just a quick trim--I love sitting in the chair and having someone else make me beautiful! I had originally planned on getting just a quick trim & letting it grow so I could have a small chance at pulling it up in a ponytail, but in the past week or so it seems that my hair has been out of control. And yesterday, I'd had it. I told one of my co-workers that I looked like a frumpy 27 year old.

So...today I went to the salon and when my stylist asked if we were just trimming I practically screamed NO! I told her it had to go and I needed to stop looking so frumpy! And I definitely don't look frumpy anymore. I'm 27 with no kids & she said that maybe I was just looking a little bit more like a PTA mom than I wanted. Not that there's anything wrong with a PTA mom, it's just not a look I want right now. She stacked it up all nice and pretty in the back, gave me a few bangs & cut A LOT of length off. I LOVE IT! We'll see tomorrow if I'm able to style it and make it look good but for now I don't care.

Oh and for all of you hoping for a picture, you'll just have to wait. I attempted a photo at work but my oily skin & self-portraits don't go well together. I'm sure I'll have at least one photo from the weekend coming up that will show you my new do!

~Also, I've been a terrible blogger recently. I haven't had time to read hardly any of your posts so I'm working on getting caught up!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Girl, I am horrible with hair too! If I could go to someone every week to fix my hair, I would!! I bet your hair looks great!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

I WANT TO SEE A PICTURE :) I loveee new "do's" -- they make all things better!

... I am going to be going in soon for a HAIR MAKEOVER!...

Stephanie Hartman said...

Aw I know how you feel I need my hair cut asap because I wear my up alot because I always wake up late so I never have time...

Jennifer Owens said...

I've been having hair issues lately too and have no clue what to do with it....

Can't wait to see your new do! (o:

Murdock's mama said...

I COMPLETELY agree! I LOVE getting my hair done [I think the shampoo is my favorite part!] Can't wait to see the photos!!

Abby

Joelle said...

im dying to see a picture