Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Bogey!!

Today is a special day in the Layman house as Bogey Layman is turning 2! I can't believe we've already had him for 2 years!!! Man how the time flies....Of course then I take a look at our backyard & reminisce on all the items he has destroyed & it's not so hard to believe he's 2. Even with all the frustrations, he's still currently our only child & brings a lot of fun & joy into our life. He makes me smile each day when I get home from work when he's waiting for me in the backyard.

You went from this...on your first day in your new backyard...
To this...in only 2 years.
Last year for his 1st birthday I made a photobook from Shutterfly illustrating his first year as a Layman. Hubby & I compiled a list the of all the things Bogey had destroyed, dug up, or left his mark on. So for your reading pleasure I decided to share the list from his first year of life.

1. Broke in the house (the door just flew open) & chewed on Mom's brand new purse & destroyed one of her shoes.
2. Successfully dug up 5 different sprinkler heads.
3. Chewed off plastic piece around outdoor faucet.
4. Chewed on door frame & concrete step.
5. Destroyed plastic kiddie pool.
6. Tipped over & broke outdoor decorative table.
7. Played in ashes in firepit & scattered them all over patio
8. Eaten & destroyed several toys including tennis balls.
9. Managed to get in cabinet under grill--drained lighter fluid in yard & chewed on Dad's grill accessories.
10. Destroyed 2 different grill covers.
12. Love water including fish pond & fountain at Grandma & Grandpa's house.
13. Pulled off and chewed on metal end of gutter.
14. Chewed through 3 different grill hoses including hard electric conduit--the first time the gas was still on.
15. Pulled drip pan out of grill.
16. Chased mean lady down the street (she said I was a vicious mutt...can you believe her?)
17. Chewed holes in 2 different dog beds--it looked like there was green cotton candy all over the yard.
18. Pulled off and destroyed collar.
19. Chewed off wicker part of chair legs on a patio chair.
20. Enjoy playing with plastic gutter downspouts.
21. I love topsoil bags!!! (or any plastic bag for that matter!)
22. Ran out onto Grandma & Grandpa's pool cover in the winter time.
23. Broke into house to get my favorite indoor toy.
24. Marked my spot on my supposed new friend Josie (aka...I peed on her!)
25. Marked my spot on dad when he was standing a little too close to a flower pot!

Thankfully his second year as a Layman has included much less destruction, but the same amount of chaos & energy! I'm not sure if that has to do with us becoming smarter or him growing older. Either way, I'll take it. The best part is that as I read through this list, it makes me smile everytime. We don't have any sort of birthday party planned, but he'll for sure have a small cake & at least one new toy!

Bogey dancing with his mama a few weeks ago! No, he's not trying to attack--he just wants a big kiss!

Happy Birthday Bogey! Can't wait to spend many more years with you!

4 comments:

Stephanie Hartman said...

Awwww he's so cute I Lvoe him..

Alissa said...

Wow what a handful, I love your list! He's so precious, Happy Bday to him!

Callie said...

Oh, he's so cute!

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday, Bogey! I love the list. I think I may do one too.

We have a picture of Bailey as a very small pup that looks almost exactly like the one of Bogey running. Maybe they are long lost cousins?