Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hodge Podge

In addition to playing catch up from last week's busyness, we also had a lady on vacation at work so things have been a little hectic this week as well. I haven't had much time to myself, let alone have time to read blogs, comment on blogs or write new posts. So...here's the hodge podge of our week so far--

~I made fruit salad earlier this week in an effort to start including more fruits & veggies in our diet. I included a fresh apple, grapes, mango, pineapple, & strawberries. It was so yummy & I wish we had been home more this week to enjoy it. Fruit salad is such a great dessert option for those of us who might have a HUGE sweet tooth.

~Tuesday night we were able to go visit Hubby's grandma & she is doing amazingly well. While I'm not sure if she'll be going back home to live by herself, she'll be more than capable to live quite independently in an assisted living facility. She was her perky, cheery self on Tuesday evening so Hubby & I were thrilled to see her in such high spirits.

~The sun has finally come out today after about 7 days of rainy, dreary, cold weather. It's supposed to be in the 60s for the next 2 days. Unfortunately they have included the S word in the forecast for Saturday...yup, that's right...Snow, on the first day of Spring in Southwest Missouri. The saying really is true--If you don't like the weather, just stick around for a bit and it will change.

~I took Bogey this morning to have the stitches taken out from his procedure. He was a really good boy & will be very happy that he won't have to visit the vet again for a long time. We got the all clear from the doctor so he's free to do whatever he wants.

~Even though we had some tentative plans for tonight, Hubby & I have made the decision to stay home & relax. In the past 2 weeks I've only cooked at home twice so I'm actually really looking forward to being in the kitchen. Waffles, eggs, & bacon are on the menu tonight (along with the fruit salad). I just love breakfast for dinner!

We've got plenty of things to do for the weekend that will definitely include taking in some basketball. I've got my bracket filled out--we'll see how it goes!

5 comments:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Mmmm breakfast for dinner sounds delish! Enjoy it :)

Alissa said...

Great little recap. I love the idea of a fruit salad I need to start doing that too, there's starting to be so many fruits in bloom now that Spring is here.

Heather said...

I love hearing how basketball is on the agend for your weekend!! Did you get your gift in the mail yet?

Lindsey said...

I love breakfast for dinner!

amy (metz) walker said...

Now I'm craving fruit and breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite things ever!