Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Similar to other holidays, Easter can bring to mind lots of things other than the true meaning...dying Easter eggs, foil-wrapped chocolate bunnies, Easter egg hunts, family gatherings, etc. But it's on this day over 2000 years ago that my Heavenly Father sacrificed everything so that I might live. Me, someone who is so unworthy.

I hope I never lose sight of what happened on this day & how much God must love me in order to allow His one and only son to be crucified on the cross. While there is sorrow surrounding the happenings of today, there is jubiliation in the glorious happenings of Easter morning when Christ arose. Hallelujah Christ is Risen!

Some of my favorite traditional hymns center around Christs' resurrection & the victory we can find when we seek our Savior, Jesus Christ. I get chills everytime I sing this song.
Low In the Grave He Lay
Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior, waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!
Refrain: Up from the grave he arose; with a mighty triumph o'er his foes; he arose a victor from the dark domain, and he lives forever, with his saints to reign. He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!
Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior, vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord! (Refrain)
Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior; he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord! (Refrain)
Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Callie said...

Great post! It's important to focus on Christ's sacrifice on a day like Good Friday, even though it's hard to think about it sometimes.