Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long Weekend Rewind

Oh how I love 3-day weekends! There's something about coming to the end of a Sunday evening and knowing that you don't have to go to work the next day!


We've certainly enjoyed the weekend and thankfully we had beautiful weather with above-normal temps the entire time! Friday night was girls' night and these are always special...if for no other reason than spending an evening with the women who are nearest and dearest to me. We opted for fondue and drinks at a local place & it was a fabulous evening. Cheese fondue for dinner followed by chocolate fondue for dessert...it just doesn't get much better!

My girls...Amy, Andrea, myself, Bethany, Jacinda, & Andrea

Besties old & new...Soon-to-be mama Jacinda & Andrea
I honestly don't know what life would be like without these women who I'm able to be authentic with and able to truly do life with. I can be my crazy self but I also have a group of godly women who are first on my list to call if I have a need. God always knows what he's doing, but putting us all together is an incredible blessing and one that I will be grateful for my entire life.
Saturday was work for both Hubby & I in the morning and then some relaxation before a big surprise party for my sister-in-law. Her 30th birthday was on Saturday and with a lot of little white lies, a room-full of princess decorations and a crowd of family & friends, my mother-in-law really managed to surprise her. It was a great evening devoted to celebrating a woman who for the most part doesn't ever get enough credit for all she does!
It was a princess party...complete with princess hats!

The birthday girl pulling up to the party...we were all outside on the porch! Think we might have surprised her?

Love this shot! She was so surprised at all the people who were there! There were definitely a few lies told! The costume is a story all in itself...not sure how Dustin fully convinced her to put it on, but I think it had something to do with him wearing a pink tie so she had to wear her Madragal Medieval costume!

She even had a tiara...Jackson decided to wear it for a bit but DID NOT want his photo taken!

Yummy, yummy cake. It was yellow cake with raspberry filling!

The birthday girl!

Sunday was a fairly laid back day with church, lunch, & some quality time with my mother-in-law. We drove all around the area trying to scope out some places for them to live once they retire back to Missouri! I can't wait for them to be here full-time!

Yesterday I was off work so it was a nice extension of my weekend. I ran several errands, watched a movie at home, and then we had dinner with some great friends. They have XBox Kinect...it was our first time playing and I WAS EXHAUSTED!!! Who needs a workout when you have that?

It's back to the real world today, it's been crazy around here already...

4 comments:

Lyryn said...

Oh what a great weekend! I love these from you. I always laugh!

Danavee said...

I work with Singer and Schroeder!!! What a small world!!! I spent all day yesterday next to Singer at a meeting. She's one of my favorite people. And Amy is just lovely too!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Looks awesome and SO fun! What a blessing to have an extra day off :0)

Miss Southern Prep said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I love fondue!