- This week I actually had 3 new recipes in my sights...2 entree's and 1 side dish. First, I fixed Pizza Stuffed Chicken from a recent Paula Deen magazine. This was really easy & really yummy...plus I like to tell myself it was fairly healthy! I served this with Roasted Asparagus from none other than PW...Hubby even liked this so it was definitely a success! And finally, last night I fixed Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos. Another success! These will all probably be put on the regular rotation at our house!
- For those of you with kids, or husbands who act like children, the Taquitos bring the opportunity for a fun game when they're out of the oven. Simply blow on one end and steam will come out of the other...of course, please don't blow too hard or the chicken/cheese mixture will be blown all over the table. And yes, I most definitely am speaking from experience!
- I think the heated mattress pad is one of the best inventions ever made, with these below-zero temps it's so amazing to get into a nice warm bed.
- I started on Week 2 of Couch 2 5k last night. I'd been sticking with Week 1 because my running had been so sporadic with the weather. I'm still having doubts on running a 5k in a few months, but for now I'm sticking with it.
- I've been in a blogging rut lately, while I still look forward to blogging; I've been a terrible commenter. Work has been really busy & when I'm at home I hate to sit around on my computer all night. Anyone else having this issue?
- Today the high is going to be near 25, 35 tomorrow, 45 on Saturday, and 55 on Sunday...with possible 65 degree temps next week. Seriously?!? I mean seriously?!?
- I can't wait for the weekend, it promises to be fabulous! Warmer temps, Beauty & the Beast tomorrow night, & an early Valentine's Dinner in Branson with my Hubby on Saturday. Glorious!
Stay warm everyone...the forecast looks like it's gonna improve for everyone in the midwest very, very soon!