Monday, June 17, 2013

Celebrating Daddies 2013

With family all being so close, sometimes holiday weekends celebrating those we love can get a little hectic as we try to see everyone.  We try to just roll with the punches and do the best we can while still allowing some time for just our own family of three.  So...since actual Father's Day included us running around like crazy, we designated Friday night and Saturday to celebrate Hubby's special day. 
 
Friday night we actually just stayed at my parents' house for a few hours and enjoyed their pool.  They were on babysitting duty for my baby niece, so we ordered a pizza and then had family night in the pool.  Elyse still LOVES the water, but is certainly a little insecure since she can't touch the ground. However, her giggles and laughter while she played with her Daddy were definitely an indication that she was having a blast!!!
 
Saturday morning I had to work, so Hubby and Elyse spent a cloudy, rainy morning at home.  We had a quick lunch and then after the rain stopped Hubby & I, but mainly Hubby, worked outside on a new playground area for Elyse.  It's not quite finished because the rains came again...but it looks so great & Hubby did such a great job! 
 
We were going to have dinner at home, but decided to go out to celebrate Father's Day...he chose Chick-fil-A which was definitely an OK choice in Elyse's mind! 
 
We came home and played outside a bit, and then it was time for bath & bed for Elyse!  They had some fun playing with the bubbles...she requests them now! 

Yesterday we had a wonderful church service followed by lunch at my in-laws.  I requested a photo shoot and our nephews got to pick the location.  The lighting is terrible with all the shadows, but at least I got them to all sit still for a photo with their Pappy!  


Then we moved inside and the lighting was better...but most of the kids were pretty much DONE with the photoshoot!  



I'm so thankful for the precious family that I married into...Elyse loves her Pappy & her cousins Jackson & Hunter! 
 
After some time with Hubby's family, we headed down to my parents' house for some pooltime and dinner, which was pizza takeout!  Easy cleanup and delicious!  Of course I had to grab some photos with Papa & his girls...

Kisses for Harper!

My dad with his kids & grandkids!

3 generations! 
It was a pretty fabulous day, but Hubby & I crashed when we got home.  It was time to just rest and relax for a bit before gearing up for another week!  Another Father's Day is in the books and it's pretty great!
 

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Great pics! Makayla requests bubbles too! Have u tried the bathtub crayons? Oh my..those are a BIG hit here!

Amanda said...

Great pictures! I can't believe how big your girlie is! She's growing like a weed! :) xo

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

That first picture and then the one with the bubbles melted my heart :)!!! Looks like a great time!

Sara McCarty said...

Love all the photos! You guys are going to love having these photos later. I wish I remembered to do those types of photos more often. I need more pictures of my dad and Ryan's dad with Mac when he's little. Hope you're having a great week. When are you coming to STL to visit me?