Thursday, February 6, 2014

Celebrating my 31st!

While my main family party was on Sunday...you better believe we were still going to have a birthday celebration!  Hubby woke up early to go the gym and brought back some requested breakfast treats!  I love a good ole' fashioned glazed twist donut and our local donut shop doesn't disappoint!  I opened a couple of presents which included some fun new Spring clothes (that I will hopefully be able to wear at some point when Winter decides to leave) & also a Polar FT4 watch.  I've been wanting one of these for awhile and I'm super excited to put it to good use!

Turning 31 isn't so bad when you have such a cutie to celebrate with!
The snow started falling just a little bit before we headed to work...and while I normally would be thrilled about having 3-5 inches of snow fall on my  birthday, this year I was really hoping for a warm day with some nice sunshine.  No such luck.  Winter continues on.
Just the beginning of the snowfall...our drive to work!
Thankfully there wasn't enough snow to cancel our evening plans so we headed to Springfield to meet up with my brother, SIL, & niece Harper for Elyse's & Harper's first visit to a Japanese Hibachi restaurant.  I knew the presentation cooking would be entertaining for Elyse.  However, I forgot to warn my mom about what happens when you ask for the birthday package...a crazy Japanese dragon and a Japanese song to the tune of "If You're Happy & You Know It." Totally random, and Elyse was NOT excited about the dragon...
As part of the birthday package, the restaurant also comes and snaps a picture of you & whoever else with the dragon...not sure why the rest of the family didn't join in!
The best birthday family photo I could manage with a tired, over-stimulated two year old...at least Hubby & I look nice!  ha!
While the snow had stopped falling by the time we got to dinner...it had started back up again and this perked Elyse right up!  She was having a blast catching snowflakes on her tongue with Papa!


My parents bought me a new Spring purse, a Lucky Brand military jacket, & maybe what I was most excited about...Hunter Boots!  I'm definitely going to be getting a lot of wear out of these babies in the next few days....and probably for a long time to come if this Winter weather continues on!

Even if I have officially entered my 30s, it was a pretty fabulous birthday & couldn't have asked for more!  

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Looks like you had an awesome time..and got some amazing gifts!!