And...once again it's time for 5 on Friday...my weekly brain dump, iPhone dump, and all around catch up on this good ole blog.
1. It's been a little bit of a rough last couple of weeks. Elyse started out with a cold that she ever so lovingly decided to pass on to me, which she has now passed on to her Daddy. I'm on the mend, but still can't breathe well, and the coughing attacks hit me right as I'm going to bed. You should have heard Hubby & I last night, we were like a coughing symphony.
2. This week in our area, a indescrible, horrendous tragedy occurred as a 10 year old girl was kidnapped and within only a few hours we also learned of her death. From everything the authorities are saying, it was a completely random act, and that certainly doesn't help things in this momma's brain. There is lots and lots of judgmental discussion taking place on social media, but all I can keep thinking is that her momma won't ever get to hold her again. And so yesterday as Elyse & I headed out for a momma/daughter day, I couldn't help but be overcome with the fact that God chose me to be Elyse's momma. Hug your kids a little tighter tonight...and if you think about it, flip your porch light on this weekend in honor of Hailey Owens. Facebook page here...
3. One of our tasks yesterday was to visit a local boutique. They were hosting The Silhouette Man. My SIL had these done of my niece and I just loved them, so when he was coming back to the area I jumped at the chance to have an appointment with him. Aren't they just beautiful?
And they are the perfect update to my gallery wall in our entryway.
4. Yesterday when Elyse woke up from her nap she had the messiest ponytail ever, with her little hairs flying everywhere! Looking at her in all of her innocence with a messy ponytail, a lunch-covered shirt, and a sweet smile while watching Doc McStuffins just made me fall in love with her even more, and makes me want to soak up every single moment.
5. Yesterday I also bought a few things to spring-up my burlap wreath...this has seriously been the best Pinterest idea ever. I simply change out the flowers and ribbbons with the seasons and have a cheap front door update! Come on Spring, you know you want to come on and visit us!
Head over to hang out with all the other fabulous ladies who are participating this week!