Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Nora Kay Love ~ 20 Weeks

And just like that we're closer to having a baby than not being pregnant!  How is that possible?!?
 
20 weeks and 3 days today.  Yikes! 
 
How far along:  20 weeks
How big is baby: Small Cantaloupe, 10.6 oz
 
Gender: My sweet baby girl, Nora Kay! 

Weight gain/loss: I'm hopefully still holding steady! Bump-friendly clothing is definitely a must these days, and Bella Bands are going to work for a little while longer...but I think I'll need to be purchasing a few more maternity pants options than I did last time.  Thanks to the second baby showing more and more quickly! 

Sleep: Sleeping wonderfully.  We've been busy, busy, busy...so minus the middle of the night trip to the bathroom, I've been enjoying some pretty great sleep!  Hopefully that continues for the next 20ish weeks! 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Food. Just food.  Wow.  I am SOOOO hungry.  Not like belly-grumbling hunger, but even after I eat a full meal I still don't feel fully satisfied.  I really think I just need to be better about filling my meals with proteins, fruits, and veggies instead of carbs.  However, it's so frustrating when I'm trying to be conscious about my diet and all I want to do is EAT! 

Movement: The little kicks here & there seriously warm my heart!  I tried to have Hubby feel her last week, but he obviously wasn't patient enough to wait.  I'm to the point where I'll think I haven't felt her for awhile and then just when I slightly start to get worried...there she is!  Oh how I love that! 

What I'm loving:  As much as it's annoying, I'm glad that I'm to the point where I don't just look like I ate too much...I actually have a serious bump going on!  I'm also full into the nursery planning which makes me so excited for what the room is going to look like when we're finished! 

Symptoms: Oh you mean besides the belly & the ridiculous hunger & the weird left-ankle swelling?!?  Really not much.  I do realize that I get tired much more easily & pushing Elyse in the stroller up the hills in our neighborhood even leave me a little winded.  Oh, and in the hopes of full disclosure...the "girls" are continuing the trend from my pregnancy with Elyse.  I think over half of my weightgain is probably above my ribcage!  Ughhh!  

What I'm looking forward to: We are leaving on Friday for vacation with Hubby's entire family & I couldn't be more excited!  We're traveling Up North to Petoskey, MI for a week in a beautiful log house and we've got lots of rest & relaxation on the schedule...and also plenty of fun as well!  It'll be so great to getaway for awhile! 
Best moment of the week: Finding the nursery fabric.  I'll share a sneak peek soon, but I'm so excited for my momma to get started on Nora's bedding & curtains! 
Elyse wanted to take a picture with momma...the purse, the pigtails, the hand across her belly like Momma...I DIE!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That last picture is too sweet! You look great (and I love your dress)!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Oh goodness! You are SO cute! Love that dress! I love this update!
The kicks were my favorite part of pregnancy. There is nothing like feeling your little one wiggle around and remind you that they're there!!!
I love the name Nora - very pretty! :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love the pics with Elyse...what beautiful memories with her sister...dress is so pretty!