Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Nora Kay Love ~ 35 Weeks

Just one more week closer to full term...I'd really be fine if she came any day!  ha! 
 
 How far along: 35 Weeks!!

How big is baby: Honeydew Melon; 5.25 lb

Gender: My sweet baby girl, Nora Kay!

Weight gain/loss: Definitely feeling the body stress of carrying around an entire extra human being!  I think my weight gain has probably stayed fairly steady, but we'll find out for sure tomorrow.  I have always felt like I was carrying Nora a lot lower compared to Elyse and I'm definitely still feeling that.  Or maybe that just means that she's more ready to come out than her sister was...which I would be totally fine with. 

Sleep: Still sleeping fairly well, but waking early.  I think that daylight savings time affected me more than it did Elyse.  I've been waking up at the 5:00-5:30 mark the past few mornings which is annoying since I don't need to be waking up for at least an hour after that!     

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: While I might be craving all sorts of yummy food, I'm realizing that I really need to up my water intake and at the same time I'm going to have to start eating smaller meals.  My body just can't take full meals or I feel ridiculously sick.  Bring on snacktime for this momma! 

Movement: We've definitely transitioned into the rolling movements as she's gotta be running out of room!  She does seem to like to put her head on my bladder and/or pelvic bone which is less than comfortable.  However, I enjoy the constant movement to remind me that she's doing well in her nice warm little home! 

What I'm loving: Wrapping up my to-do list.  I've still got lots of things to check off, but honestly if she were to arrive tomorrow we'd be fairly set.  I'm also loving just talking with Elyse about her baby sister's arrival.  I know that Elyse has NO CLUE what's about to happen...but I just know that she's going to be a wonderful sister.  I also have good intentions of getting Elyse's 3rd birthday quite a bit more planned before Nora arrives...but we're keeping things fairly simple this year so if that happens afterwards then not a big deal. 

Symptoms: Just standard third trimester symptoms...some slight swelling (but nothing crazy), my ever-growing belly, heartburn, overall discomfort (playing in the floor with Elyse has become quite the Olympic sport), and bloating after meals...however, it's all so short-lived at this point! 

What I'm looking forward to:  Yeah...that downtime that I had hoped for last week.  NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.  We've got a busy schedule this week so I'm hoping next week may slow down a bit...but with having a toddler there are just some things that have to happen regardless.  I'm looking forward to my early Christmas Cookie Exchange that's happening tomorrow and also the start of my weekly appointments...I'm trying not to be overly optimistic but here's to hoping that I've at least started to make some progress toward delivery!   
Best moment of the week: Halloween with Elyse was super fun and I promise that a full recap is coming soon...hopefully tomorrow.  Hubby also completed a 1/2 Marathon on Sunday morning and Elyse and I were able to cheer him on.  I can't believe that a year from now we'll be doing these things with 2 little girls instead of 1...I'm definitely gonna need some help!   

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hang in there momma! Not much longer to go now!