Thursday, February 5, 2015

Nora Kay Love ~ 2 Months

And on the same day that I headed back to work with my part-time responsibilities, Nora turned 2 months old.  I honestly cannot believe how fast time is passing! 
Weight:  We went in for her 2 month well-check just a few hours ago and we're officially at 11 lbs, 6 oz and 22 3/4" long.  Elyse only weighed 9 lbs 14 oz at her two month!  I knew that Nora was bigger, but she's definitely packing on the pounds (or at least ounces)!  She has been wearing size 1 diapers for quite some time now and has some pretty significant chubby rolls forming on her thighs!

Clothes:  We're pretty much completely done with newborn clothes...unless her momma fails to pack the right size and we have to scrunch her little legs into a newborn sleeper.  Of course, not that I would have any experience in that!  I haven't packed away any of her newborn stuff quite yet...we'll see when I actually get motivated to get that done. 

Food:  Yeah, obviously this girl could give lessons on how to eat!  She is still eating great, and has learned to take a bottle of pumped milk just as well.  My milk supply seems to have finally leveled off and while I still think I'm producing enough for at least two babies...Nora doesn't seem to be choking and gagging anymore which is a great improvement.  She's having somewhere between 6-7 feedings a day and is taking 2.5-3.5 oz at each feeding. 

Sleep:  Oh man, I hate to even talk about this.  First off....this girl has not figured out the bliss of a LONG nap.  She goes down incredibly easy, sleeps for 45 minutes, wakes up, and I typically can get her to go back down but sometimes that involves me rocking or holding her for the remainder of the nap.  However...I'm not about to complain about her napping because this girl is a rockstar when it comes to her overnight sleep.  She eats her last meal about 8:00 in the evening and then had found a pretty good routine of waking once to eat during the night and then sleeping until 6:30-7:00.  However, these last two nights she has slept ALL night!  Woohoo!  Elyse did this a bit around this same age but it didn't last...let's hope this time around is different!
                                                 
Activity:  We're definitely getting more activity these days.  She LOVES laying on her piano mat looking at a little mirror and also just laying on the ground looking up at the ceiling fans.  She seems to need sufficient activity for her naps to work at all, so I try not to hold her more than necessary...but it's so hard not to. We're also still working on tummy time, but that's still a work in progress. 

Personality:  Our gassy, fussy little girl has made drastic improvements now that we've got my milk supply under control.  She truly only fusses when she's tired or super hungry...and once she gives into her tired eyes, she's much happier.  She has also learned that a pacifier can have some great soothing effects, so we keep these nearby.  She's starting to give us those adorable gummy grins and is responding with some seriously precious cooing...I can't hardly stand it!   

Likes:
Rocking.  I'm so thankful that we purchased two new rocker-recliners before she arrived.  She loves to rock and this seems to be the easiest way to soothe her during her few & far between fussy periods. 

Elyse.  She is really starting to interact with Elyse and watch her every move.  I know this is only going to increase drastically in the coming weeks and months and it's absolutely precious to watch. 

Bathtime.  This is an easy way to keep her awake or make her happy for a few moments before her nighttime feeding.  I'm thankful that she doesn't seem to mind bathtime. 

Her Momma. Yup, she's a momma's girl and I'm perfectly okay with that! 

Dislikes:

Clothing Changes.  She doesn't really mind the diaper changes anymore, it's just the true clothing changes that she doesn't like.  And I honestly can't blame her.  We keep her so warm and cuddly that when it's time to change clothes I'm sure she gets quite chilly laying on her changing pad! 

Nasal Aspirator.  With the cold, dry air of the winter she's pretty much had a runny nose since she was born. Which means we get to use the nasal aspirator or the Nose Frieda quite frequently...baby girl is NOT A FAN!

Elyse & Nora: As I mentioned above their relationship continues to grow and grow.  Elyse is a big helper and I'm so thankful that she's as independent as she is.  We're having to work with Elyse on not messing with Nora while she sleeps...but other than that she's been great.   

2 Month Milestones:

First Smile on Camera--01/13/2015

First Bottle Out--01/21/2015

First Babysitting Experience with Papa & Gigi--01/24/2015

No comments: