Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Weekend!

We had a jam-packed weekend with a few moments to rest in between. Friday night we grabbed a quick dinner and then went to Walmart & Lowe's to grab painting supplies. I've been talking for over a year about painting one of my dining room walls a shade of red. Well, my mom volunteered to come help me on Saturday morning so no more procrastination. We got the paint color I had picked out and went home to prep the room. I couldn't contain myself so I painted a big swatch on the wall---ORANGE!!! Wow, it was so orange and there was no way I was going to paint my entire wall that color. So...I got up early Saturday morning, headed back to Walmart & asked them to check the mix. Sure enough it was completely off from what it should have been. To make a long story short, they tried to fix the orange can & I also ended up buying a second gallon of paint in a similar shade. My mom and I ended up using the fixed can so now I have a perfectly good can of red paint with no where to use it. Oh well, it will probably go in our garage sale stash.

It only took us about 2 hours to paint the wall & my mom is coming back to my house tomorrow while I'm at work to finish up the trim & to do some touchups. I absolutely love my red wall! I'll be sure to post pictures once I get all of my decorations back up.

Saturday night Hubby & I headed to Springfield so I could spend some of my birthday money (I bought a fantastic outfit from Express for Valentine's Day) and make some returns. We also watched Taken (a very good movie by the way) & headed to Parlor 88, which is a wonderful place for appetizers, drinks, & desserts. It was a great date night & we had a great time.

Yesterday we had church and came home to work in the house. We spent about an hour cleaning our floor--I love hardwood floors but man can they get dirty! We also had small group and had a very interesting time as we continue our Fireproof series. I don't want to go into details but please just pray for our group & each couple involved--things aren't always as perfect as they might seem to an outsider & last night & today my heart is truly breaking...

Because of some of the situations, Hubby & I have decided we need to safeguard our marriage more than ever. We always try to do the "right" things and tithe to our church, and treat people with respect--but we've never been very good about spending time in God's word. Last night we made a resolution to have a short devotional together each day...no excuses. We always find time to watch our favorite shows or to work out, or to spend time with Bogey. How do we not find time to spend time with our Heavenly Father--the one who gave us everything? So...be praying for us that we would have the motivation and the commitment to spend time in God's word & to learn about God & each other in ways we never have.

Sorry this post is all over the place, but that just seems like how our weekends have been the past few weeks! Have a great week...Valentine's Day is on Saturday & I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

CAC said...

hey girl, this post is awesome. you are so right about the marriage stuff and safeguarding is definitely the best medicine! we have tried to at the very least have one person pray outloud for us before we fall asleep at night. it definitely brings us closer to each other and to God! this post makes me miss our good times together!!!