Friday, December 11, 2009

Making a list...checking it twice!

Well, the countdown is on...Christmas Day is 2 weeks from today! Can you believe it? It never fails...December seems like the fastest month in the year!

So...yesterday I took a 1/2 mom day and went Christmas shopping with my mom. We actually tackled quite a few things on both of our lists plus I was able to find something for our office Christmas party on Saturday night. I had been seriously struggling with finding an outfit that was stylish/trendy but also still looked similar to something I would wear. Whew...Banana Republic came to my rescue & I'll be sure to post pictures in my rewind.

As for the Christmas list...so far I've managed to take care of Hubby's parents, his sister & husband, the boys Hunter & Jackson, my sister-in-law, 1/2 of my mom's gift, 1/2 of my brother's gift, & most all of Hubby's gifts. This means I don't have a whole lot to take care of but it's enough that I really need to start cracking down. The unfortunate thing is that I absolutely refuse to go to our nearest shopping mall on the weekends so I guess we'll be postponing any shopping until at least next Monday. However, overall I'm really pleased with my progress and hopefully I'll be able to knock out the rest of the gifts very soon!

We've got another typical December weekend filled with parties & lots to do! Maybe I'll manage to get a few presents wrapped since my guest bedroom is starting to fill up fast!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, 2 weeks?! Yikes! Dec is going too fast and I haven't started my Christmas shopping!

Ginger said...

now proceeding to slightly hyperventilate because Mr. A and I throw an annual Christmas eve party and we're nowhere near ready
:D

Brittney Galloway said...

Yay for getting things accomplished! It looks like you are almost done w/ shopping which is always a huge relief!

Callie said...

Decemember and christmas time do go by so fast - it needs to slow down a little bit! I've hardly had time for anything - I'm sorry I'm so behind on commenting!

Llama said...

I am so jealous you have gotten so much done already...i need to get started! ahhh! i have never waited this long~ oh boy......