Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Parenthood

Last night was the season premier of one of our favorite shows, Parenthood on NBC. We seriously love this show. It's a show that manages to frustrate us, make us laugh, and yet can also cause tears to form all in the matter of an hour. I just love the characters, their quirks are so much like reality & Hubby & I just love that we can relate so much to so many of the situations.



I feel like the show is truly quality entertainment. A show that still manages to entertain while being void of all the language, sex, drugs, & violence that seem to fill so many shows these days. Sure, language, sex & drugs might still be discussed...but only in the appropriate context; that of a parent trying to instill quality values in their children by teaching them lessons regarding such topics.

While it's probably unrealistic, I mean it is television, that all of these quirks and situations would manage to happen to one family--there are still so many situations that just make you feel as if you could have been there. As if you could have been the one yelling at your mom for being neurotic while teaching you to drive, or as if you could have been the sibling who was supposed to have everything together only to have it all fall apart. As the fall shows start up again I highly recommend adding this to your DVR, I know we won't be missing an episode!

5 comments:

lindsey said...

My husband and I love this show!

School Day Love said...

We love this show too!

Anonymous said...

I love this show! I just discovered the reruns on Bravo this weekend and then taped the premiere on my DVR last night. Love it!

Ms. Emmy N said...

I have wondered about this show! I will have to set it to record!

Karli said...

Hi! New here! Just found your blog. I too love Parenthood! Great show. I've been hooked!