Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Mish Mash

Seriously...TGIF.

It's been a long week. With this nasty head cold still lingering around, work has just seemed crazy. It seems that the everyday business has just been on overdrive and we're also implementing brand new software in our agency that will change every single aspect of how we do business. It's stressful enough, but throw in the required 2 or 3, 3 hour training sessions each week and it makes it impossible to keep your head above water.

Poor Nick has been working incredibly long hours, tax season grind is finally starting to take its toll and I'm just praying that above everything else he DOES NOT get this sickness I can't seem to shake! It's definitely one of those much better me than him situations. Thankfully, the end is in sight...the countdown is on! T-minus 40 days!

I'm also so thankful that right now we have the resources to plan some fun things right after tax season...short trip to STL for a Cards game & a long trip to Hawaii the beginning of May. Having these things to look forward to seem to make it all worth it in the end.

I'm so thankful that it appears any major catastrophe was avoided in HI this morning, I'll be honest..my first thought was to the safety of those people, but it was followed closely by a selfish..."What about our vacation?" I'm embarrassed to even write that, but either way it seems that both have managed to escape any major problems and Hawaii managed to avoid any major damage.

I'm so ready for 5 o'clock, I've got a girls' night this evening with some of girlfriends from high school...it'll be so nice to catch-up with them.

And for the rest of the weekend, 60+ degree temps and plans for yardwork...YES PLEASE!!!!

5 comments:

Danavee said...

My sister is in Hawaii right now. She said the sirens went off most of the night. So thankful that it ended up not being a catastrophic event.

Lindsey said...

I am so ready for 5:00 too! And I'm jealous of those 60 degree temps! We are supposed to get more snow, ugh!:)

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Have a fun weekend - Girls Nights are always happy :)

Megan said...

Sounds like y'all have some great trips coming up!! Hope you had a great night with your girls!!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I hope you had a wonderful girls night and a fabulous weekend!

P.S. I'm jealous of your Hawaii trip--sounds AMAZING!