Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5-Day Weekend Rewind--Just a Sneak Peak!

Wow, life seems a little hectic right now.  I guess that's typical for summertime, but my head seems to be slightly spinning as I try to play catch-up at work, home, and also find time for some fun things. 

So...I may have taken one look at the 427 unread blog posts in my reader this morning and after one quick thought of regret, hit the "mark all as read" button.  Please don't think I've stopped reading, or commenting, or that I've just fallen completely off the face of the earth...but sometimes spending time with family & actually doing my job & laughing with friends & family is my important than reading 427 blogs. 

Let me just say that we had a fabulous time in Chicago, and we (meaning Hubby, myself, & Elyse) were all refreshed after the quick getaway.  A full recap will come later, but for now just a sneak peak at a few things we did...
A Segway Tour of the Museum campus & lakefront

A ride on the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel

Seeing the standard sights & sounds of Chicago!
When we arrived at home on Saturday evening we still had 2 of the 3 days left in our Memorial Day weekend and those days certainly didn't disappoint.  I have plans to do a full recap as well...but for now here's a shot of our little bathing beauty with her first offical outing at Papa & Gigi's swimming pool.  She loved it! 

Be back later this week with lots more details & lots more pics!

7 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

It sounded and looked like a fun and relaxing getaway!!

Amanda said...

Aww, Lauren it looks like you had a ball in Chicago! And I'm so glad you enjoyed a fun Memorial Day Weekend and were able to spend time with family and friends! :)

Elyse is adorable, as always.

Oh, and I LOVE your hair. The color of your highlights is beautiful.

Melanie said...

Looks like she was enjoying the pool! And chicago looks like alot of fun..never been there before but would make a great trip one day!

Lindsey said...

It looks so relaxing and fun! Great pics!

Jennifer Coffer said...

Glad you guys had a great trip. We need to grab dinner sometime and catch up. Let me know a time that works for you. Love ya!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Looks like Elyse had an awesome time...love
Love the last
Picture...too cute!!!

Megan said...

Oh how fun!! I've been to Chicago once and it was amazing!! I'd love to go back!