Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy 1/2 Birthday Little Toot!

Today is Little Toot's 1/2 Birthday. 
She's 6 months old. 
She's stolen our hearts. 
She's perfect. 
She's got a smile that melts my soul.
She makes us understand God's love for us in ways we've never understood. 
She's ours...& we're hers. 

She's why I've transitioned from carrying a designer purse to carrying a diaper bag, a breastpump bag, a bag for a highchair cover, & finally a small clutch tossed into the diaper bag just for me. 

She's why I occasionally tear up while changing a diaper when I think about how incredibly blessed I am to have the title of "Mom."

She's why our house has transitioned from being perfectly picked up to being filled with brightly colored, noisy, entertaining toys. 

She's why our home is overflowing with love & humility at why God chose US to be her parents. 

She's why the DVR on our television is practically empty & why if it wasn't for Cardinals baseball we could almost do without our Dish service. 

She's why I've learned to deal with very little sleep on some occasions & why I'd do it every single day if I can steal one little grin from her toothless mouth.

She's more than we ever could have imagined in a baby girl (& has most likely spoiled us with any future children). 

She makes us both wonder what in the world we did with all of our time before her. 

She's our everything. 

Happy 1/2 Birthday Little Toot, your momma & daddy can't hardly remember life without you...you are so loved!

7 comments:

Danavee said...

So touching!

lindsey said...

What a sweet post! Oh goodness, I love it so much. I can't believe she's already 6 months...time sure does fly by. She's a doll. :)

Happy 6 months, Elyse!

memphis belle said...

Happy 6 month birthday! (Molly's 6 month bday is today also)

Megan said...

Adorable!

Amanda said...

what a sweet post lauren!!! happy 6 months little toot!!! you are precious!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Aww, so sweet! Happy 6 months!

Melanie said...

Love this! Kids can really make you see whats important (and not)..don't they?!