Friday, June 8, 2012

Our Family Cold 2012

Oh how it would be nice to say that this first full week of June could be marked down in the Layman family record books as a fun one.  It would be so nice to say that we'd been on a fun vacation somewhere with the sun shining brightly and crystal blue water sparkling as we spent our time lounging on a beach.  Or for that matter it would be great just to say that we've had a fun week as a family with normal week-night activities, evening walks & nice family dinners. 

However...none of that can be said of this lovely week in June.  Nope, for some reason our fate this week has been one that includes a nice lovely summertime cold--for ALL of us.  We're not really sure who got it first, Elyse or myself, but regardless it's been a week full of runny noses, sneezing, lots of naps, and sore throats.  Hubby managed to avoid any issues until yesterday, but now even he is enjoying the uck. 

At least he can take some meds for it...I feel like Elyse & I just have to suck it up & deal with it.  Elyse of course can't & shouldn't be taking anything at such a young age so saline drops & infant's Tylenol is all she has for relief.  While I'm stuck taking practically nothing since I'm still nursing...yeah all those cold remedies used to dry up any excess mucus or sickness, apparently they also can act by drying up my milk supply.  Yeah, that's totally not worth it. 

So until I can talk normally again, breath through my nose, & go to bed without a glass of water, a stack of Kleenex, & a humidifier running in my room...I'm just gonna have to be a big girl & deal. 

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to whine a little bit...because having a cold in the summertime just plain ole' stinks! 

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh they totally do stink! And it's even worse when your nursing and your a momma still too. No rest for you! I'm sorry. :(

Danavee said...

I had one in May, so I can feel your pain. BOOOO!!! Nyquil and Puff's Plus with lotion!

Callie said...

It does stink! I had a cold all last week too, and it's awful. :-(

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Awwww! Feel better!!!