I truly enjoy this linkup because it gives some meaning to my normally random, bullet-point posts! Plus, I love reading everyone else's random thoughts!
1. It's been raining cats & dogs in our area for the past week. Like seriously raining. Like ridiciulous flash food warnings complete with mandatory evacuations and water rescues. Thankfully my immediate area hasn't had the torrential water, but when they close I-44 for several hours because water is over the road...you know it's serious. I think the weatherman is forecasting that it's supposed to finally dry up by Sunday--some sunshine and dry days can't come soon enough!
2. We are currently in another waiting period on our house plans...we got the final plans back from our architect and are now just waiting on our builder to give us the final bid. Fingers and toes are crossed and lots of prayers are going up that the numbers come back within budget...I'm already in love with our house and it just exists on paper right now.
3. My brain is so confused right now when it comes to fashion. Yes, summer is almost over--but we're going to Florida in September so I still have this desire to buy some cute fun clothes for warmer weather--however, I'm honestly tired of my summer clothes and a little bit ready for skinny jeans & boots!
4. Elyse's vocabulary and comprehension is going crazy. She can distinguish between boys & girls in books and can go get her own bowl & spoon for cereal. Her sign for more has turned into a sign plus her saying what sounds like "moi!" This of course has it's pros and cons. On the one hand I'm so glad that she can now ask for what she wants--but on the other hand, I can't pretend like I don't understand her anymore either. So when she's standing at the locked pantry yelling cookie or snack...I either get to let her yell or give in. I'd say it's about 50/50 on the reaction I give!
5. Yes, all these pictures are from Instagram or my phone. Yes, I've been taking some pictures with my big camera--but my hope is to do a summer activity wrap-up post sometime next week. Don't judge. Plus...I was too lazy to track down pictures that actually match up with my random list.
Head on over to April's blog to find some other fabulous ladies and also check out everyone else's 5 on Friday!