Friday, August 14, 2009

Favorite Vacation Spot!

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Vacation Spot

This week at Kelly's Korner she is highlighting everyone's favorite vacation spot. This was so hard for me! St. Lucia will always hold a very special place in my heart since this is where we went on our honeymoon. It was absolutely breathtaking and I trip I will never, ever forget! You can see some pictures from St. Lucia here from last weeks' Blog Hop.

Growing up my parents took my brother & I on a family vacation every summer right after school got out for the year. I am 26 now & I would guess that for at least 15 of those 26 years my parents took us to the Florida Panhandle. We would occasionally take a trip to somewhere else, but we always seemed to return to the beautiful, soft, white, sandy beaches of the Gulf Coast. We started out going to Panama City Beach, but more recently we've switched to Destin because it seems much cleaner, has better shopping, and is less of a Spring Break crowd year around. You can see some photos of this year's trip here. I can't wait until Hubby & I can take our own children to the ocean & watch them play in the sun & sand! I have such great memories from here.

In addition to our honeymoon in St. Lucia & our annual family vacations to the Florida Panhandle, I also have to include a couple of other favorites. One of our non-Florida summer vacations was a 10-day trip to Maui. All I can say is Wow!!! It was absolutely beautiful!! We flew into Honolulu & visited Pearl Harbor before taking an inter-island flight to Maui. It was an unbelievable vacation. Hawaii was definitely on the short list for honeymoon locations; however, we quickly decided that we wanted to go somewhere that neither one of us had been! I'll definitely be taking Hubby there sometime--maybe even as soon as a pre-baby vacation! Sorry, but I don't have any photos---they are all on on the computer at my parents' house!

Finally, I would have to add Mackinac Island in Michigan to the final list. Hubby's parents live in SE Michigan & 2 summers ago we traveled farther north to visit this fantastic location. Mackinac is completely free of motorized vehicles so we rented bikes & rode around the island, had some homemade fudge, & enjoyed the beautiful day! I would totally recommend this part of Michigan if you're wanting a relaxing getaway and something totally different from a day at the beach!

Don't you just love Hubby's cute basket on his bike?!?

Hope you enjoyed my travels...I know I sure have & I can't wait to make many more memories on our trips in the future! I have a huge mental list of where I would like to go...some we can probably afford in the near future--others will have to wait a few (or 30) years!

2 comments:

In This Wonderful Life said...

love the basket! haha. We went to St.Lucia on our honeymoon too!

Lyryn said...

It's good to like where you took your honeymoon... WE... didn't like ours so much, but we made up for it a year later and went to Hawaii!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!