Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Shopping...Check!

Yesterday I took a day of vacation from work for a Christmas shopping trip with my mom. It's kind of a standing MomDay that she & I spend a full day in the month of December trying to take care of some Christmas presents! We had such an incredible and also very productive day!


Mom-days are seriously one of my favorite days! I only take a few each year & I always wish that I could take more. We have such a fun time together talking about the random things but also occasionally diving into something more serious which brings us closer together as mother & daughter but also as best friends. I wish every girl could have a mom as incredible as mine!

One of my requests when Hubby decided we were gonna squeeze in a ski trip before Christmas, was that all of the shopping and most all of the wrapping be completed before we left. Then I wouldn't have to worry about it when we get home only a few days before Christmas! Well...I'm happy to report that except for 1 small gift for my father-in-law and my brother's gift, we are completely finished. And even more exciting than that is that all the gifts we've already purchased are wrapped and under the tree. As of now, the only things I need to wrap are Hubby's gifts!


This is always such a relief for me when I can say that shopping is done for the year. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love to shop. However, I also put a lot of thought into each person's gifts and with our limited budget I like to get the most bang for our buck! I'm very pleased this year with what we ended up purchasing for everyone and I know everybody's just gonna love their gifts!

2 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, that is impressive :) and I love that y'all get to take a mom-day here and there, that is so fun and special! :)

Amanda said...

that is so special! i love and cherish mother/daughter time! it's the best. i need to do what you did and just take a whole day to finish my shopping! i hate stressing about it! happy friday! :)