Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thrifty Tuesday

Well after a few weeks hiatus, this week I've decided to share with you my Walgreens loot once again! My trip was hardly necessary but I had $6 in Register Rewards (aka free money) that needed to be used up so I made the best of it and still managed to get some good deals.

So...1 Axe Shower Detailer (which is really just a bath pouf but for men & I'm guessing men don't want to shower with a "bath pouf"), 1 Oil of Olay Total Effects Body Wash, 1 20 ct box of Finish Dishwashing tablets, 1 Axe body wash, 1 Loreal Decrease, 1 Blistex Lip Balm, 1 12 ct Goody hair bands, & 2 votive candles. All for a little over $11 with a savings of close to $30.00--I just can't remember the specific pennies on this one.


This certainly wasn't as good of a trip as I'd hoped for 2 reasons...1--they were out of the Oil of Olay lotion that would have been completely free with my body wash purchase...so instead of spending extra cash I just left the larger one there & 2--I forgot to use a $2 coupon on my Loreal cosmetic purchase. Ughh....oh well, it was still a good visit with only spending about 30% of actual retail.

While I haven't been having my weekly incredible savings visits to Walgreens, I'm still doing incredibly well in regards to our monthly budget. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know that I've had very little grocery/household shopping for the month so far & we're almost halfway through--plus with a trip to Colorado & Christmas festivities I probably won't be cooking dinner quite as often. Every little bit counts and I'm still definitely full swing in the coupon game!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

woooh hoooo! good job!