Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thrifty Tuesday

And it's back! I finally had time to combine my good coupons with a good sales ad at Walgreens and had a pretty successful week!

I was able to pick up 2 cans of Skintimate shave gel, 1 10oz bottles of Dawn, 1 Gillette ProGlide Razor, 1 package Carefree pantiliners, 1 full size box of FruitLoops, & 1 full size box of Frosted Flakes all for $8.14...with savings of $21.65!! I was pretty proud of my trip. Recently, I've been focusing on cutting down my grocery costs since I'm pretty much good to go on household & toiletry items! Those items are only on my shopping list if I can get them free or close to it.

I'm finally getting back into my coupon routine after the holidays and I'm hoping to really make a difference in the coming months. By planning our meals based around the sales ads & the items in our pantry, I've really been able to cut back on our weekly bill.

During the month of December I did really well...and I'm so glad I was able to do this as December is such an expensive month for everything else!

3 comments:

lindsey said...

WOW Lauren you are such a money saving Pro!! I cannot believe how much money you've saved!! I have wanted to start, but I just don't have a lot of spare time. Is couponing time consuming?

Lyryn said...

Oh my word.. I dream about being a thrifty person like you. I always have good intentions... but never seem to follow through....

leah @maritalbless said...

Now that's impressive!